Author Topic: Blank Page [FIXED]  (Read 8334 times)

Offline rm249

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Blank Page [FIXED]
« on: September 26, 2006, 04:09:55 AM »
Hello, My name is Ryan and I use 4images for my flash games / animations website rm249.com. The other day, randomly, 4images started displaying just a white page with nothing in it. One thing that I did notice is that when I renamed the ./data/media/ and ./data/thumbnails/ folders to a different name, it did load (The page with templates)
One time it did show this one error at the top "Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/rm249/public_html/gallery2/includes/db_mysql.php on line 39

An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.", with the template (somewhat) loaded, without the New Images.

The URL to my 4images is http://www.rm249.com/gallery/

PHP Info - http://www.rm249.com/gallery/phpinfo.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:20:55 AM by rm249 »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Blank Page
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:48:15 AM »
1) 4images version?
2) check server error logs
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline rm249

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 04:55:27 AM »
Latest version, (I even tried downloading the latest version and copying the config.php and all the data files into it, same problem. Same problem when changing template to default as well. Error log has no errors regarding the 4images application.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 07:08:54 AM »
in global.php replace
Code: [Select]
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE);
with:
error_reporting(E_ALL);

but if the error you showed above is the same error happening right now, then the answer is simple - contact your host administrator, something wrong with mysql server.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline rm249

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »
Ok, after enabling errors, this error shows:
Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/rm249/public_html/gallery2/includes/sessions.php on line 226

Thanks again for your help.

Ryan

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
reupload includes/db_mysql.php if this wont help, then there is something wrong with your mysql server.

Offline rm249

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 09:17:09 PM »
It is just blank now again. About the MySQL Server, what exactly would cause that, the reason being because the site is acutally hosted on me and my friend's server... so we have total access to everything, is there anything you can suggest to do?

Thanks,
Ryan

Offline rm249

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 01:00:22 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline rm249

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 10:55:55 PM »
After some working on my own temporary frontend, I was able to solve the problem.

For some weird reason, PHP was giving this error when I tried to use getimagesize on a large SWF file:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXXXXX bytes exhausted (tried to allocate XXXXXX bytes)
To fix it, I added this to global.php
ini_set("memory_limit","50M");
And it now works... kinda weird that that happened, must be a weird bug with PHP 5?

Offline naif824

• View Profile
Re: Blank Page [FIXED]
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 11:31:56 PM »
Same problem,

But the solution wasn't enough !

still having same problem

any idea?