Author Topic: Thumbnail Size and...  (Read 7962 times)

Offline milezone

• View Profile
Thumbnail Size and...
« on: December 24, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I would liek to know if there is a way to make the thumbnails auto size when users upload images?  As well can we take out the thumbnail image in the user upload and have the system auto size and make the thumbnail?

Thanks

TDL

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Thumbnail Size and...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 12:57:15 AM »
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline milezone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 05:12:35 AM »
Hi Again,

Not too worried about the full image, only wanting the thumbnails to be a certain width.  As well I want the images we currently have in the system to be at a certain width, so would need those changed as well.

Also do you know of a way to totally remove the option where user can upload a thumbnail, as that gets produced auto in the admin feature.  Thanks

TDL

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 06:22:46 AM »
Ops, I think I mistaken your post with someone's else I read before... :oops:

Not too worried about the full image, only wanting the thumbnails to be a certain width.  As well I want the images we currently have in the system to be at a certain width, so would need those changed as well.
ACP (Admin Control Panel) -> Settings -> Upload settings -> Auto-create thumbnail
and also, on the same page in "General settings" section, make sure you have selected a tool from "Conversion tool for thumbnails" dropdown, "GD" would be most-likely your choice.

Also do you know of a way to totally remove the option where user can upload a thumbnail, as that gets produced auto in the admin feature.
Edit member_uploadform.html (basic HTML knowledge required ;))
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline milezone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 01:30:08 AM »
Thanks for the help Veno, I now understand the taking out the area for users to not see uploading thumbnail.  But I still would like to know how I can change the existing images currently on the site to a smaller thumbnail size?  I do not want to redo all these photos as I have close to 1,000 images now, all with 200 pixels width.  I want to change this to 150 or even 120 so i can have more thumbnails per page and still look great.  Thanks

TDL

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 01:47:30 AM »
That you can do with Auto-Image-Resizer in ACP, just select "resize thumbnail files" from dropdown.

Offline milezone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 01:52:41 AM »
Hi Again,

Sorry for the many questions.  I just took out the option for users to upload thumbnails, but now the system will not let me auto-create a thumbnail?  just says the image has no thumbnail.  I do have setttings to auto thumbnail in the admin area.

TDL
http://diecastlibrary.com/library/

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 02:53:59 AM »
both settings?

Offline milezone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 03:43:01 AM »
Hi veno,

Actually I see it only did that when you gave the image a path, instead of actually upload image.  So quick fix I just removed the option to have image directed to a path other than uploaded.  :-)

Thanks for all your help, give the site a peek over when you get a change, I had a programmer do a cool mod on the site.

TDL