Author Topic: Help with Re-Install from scratch  (Read 3839 times)

Dumbledore

Help with Re-Install from scratch
« on: March 31, 2003, 10:13:14 AM »
Hi!

I'm sorry I don't speak German at all. :(

I installed 4images successfully, as a test. Now I am going to integrate it with the rest of my site (single log on, etc.) and thus I need to remove it, and then re-install it from scratch. (See this thread to understand what I'm trying to do.)

I deleted ALL files in the 4images folder (renamed to gallery for my site), and removed all 4images tables from the database.

Then, I reinstalled ALL files directly out of the box (from the zipped download).

Still, it won't load the install.php page. Instead, it forwards me to "index.php", and I get this error:
DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT setting_name, setting_value FROM 4images_settings
Table 'worldofgood_net.4images_settings' doesn't exist

Anybody have a clue how to help me fix this?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 01:18:03 PM »
did u run instal.php ?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Dumbledore

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 01:55:23 PM »
Quote from: V@no
did u run instal.php ?

Like I said, I tried to run the install, but when typing in the URL, I get forwarded to "index.php" instead.

Try it yourself: http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/install.php

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 02:12:13 PM »
Quote from: Dumbledore
Like I said, I tried to run the install, but when typing in the URL, I get forwarded to "index.php" instead.

Try it yourself: http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/install.php

sorry, I couldnt read what u posted on another forum, because they requre registration...
anyway, u must delete config.php file as well.
if u did delete ALL files then where config.php came from? there should be only config.new.php that's all.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)