Author Topic: Uploading Problems..  (Read 5363 times)

Sici

Uploading Problems..
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:56:32 PM »
When I try to upload a picture, it says:

Warning:  move_uploaded_file(./data/media/8/A1.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blank/public_html/Gallery/includes/upload.php on line 113

Warning:  move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpddSDut' to './data/media/8/A1.jpg' in /home/blank/public_html/Gallery/includes/upload.php on line 113

Can someone please help me fix this?

manurom

Re: Uploading Problems..
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 02:09:26 AM »
Hello;
check if the folder #8 exists in your_site/data/media folder.
If exists, CHMOD it to 777, by FTP, or cpanel or else interface you use.

Sici

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:21:55 AM »
It doesn't. Nothing is in Media folder.

manurom

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:30:12 AM »
Try to create this folder called "8", both in your_site/data/media and your_site/data/thumbnails folders.
Assign CHMOD 777 to these two new folders.

Sici

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 02:33:53 AM »
I did and it works. But, that means I have to create folders everytime I upload photos? Also, when I created the folder, why isn't the pictures in the folder?

manurom

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 02:45:18 AM »
In a standard webserver, the script automatically creates categories in media and thumbnails folders each time you create a new category.
Then, each image you will upload will be sent to its category folder, and same thing when you generate a thumbnail.
It explains that you do not see your image, as the cat folder did not exist, and upload has been aborted.

I had such problem with a friend of mine hosted on an ovh virtual host, using the Plesk interface. The script was not allowed to create and set permissions to folders. Each one had to be created and CHMODed by the admin through the Plesk interface.

Try to create another cat in your 4images Admin Control Panel, and check if its folder is created. I don't think so. I think you unfortunally will have to do all the stuff by yourself.
By the way, ask your host if he can allow your script to manage folders.

Sici

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 02:59:45 AM »
I tried to create another cat and it didn't work either. *Sigh* But, thank you for all your help.

manurom

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 03:17:59 AM »
You're welcome.
Try to contact your host. I hope he might help you.