Author Topic: Auto-Thumbnails timeing out... why?  (Read 3566 times)

Offline stipko

• View Profile
Auto-Thumbnails timeing out... why?
« on: February 26, 2006, 03:10:57 AM »
Hi all.

If I select my Auto-Thumbnail option in the admin panel, and use more than one or two in the "Check database for missing thumbnails.    Images displayed:" field, I usually get a "Cannot find server" error. I suspect my SQL server is timing out (I have 20,000 images) but is there a way to avoid this problem? I only add photo's in batches, via FTP, so the "one-at-a-time" option for creating thumbnails is not an option for me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Aaron
aaron@stipkovich.com

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Auto-Thumbnails timeing out... why?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 09:30:06 AM »
And how many images did you into "Images displayed" field?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline stipko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 12:56:53 AM »
well, if i do 1 or 2, it seems to work a little more reliably. Sometimes as many as 10. But, I used to be able to do 100 at a time. It seems that it's just become less and less reliable. (I'm running 1.7.1)

i suspect it's a server power thing. I am just wondering if there's a setting i can change to tax the server less, so it works, you know?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 02:13:04 AM »
well...I dont know, I have 28,000 images and auto thumbnailer checks 10 images in about 10-15 seconds...

P.S. do you use the default thumbnailer.php or [MOD] Auto-Thumbnailer v2.2.1 ?
If the mod, then try use the default one. With default one, it takes about less then 5 seconds to check on my site...I'll work on optimizing the code in that mod.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)