Author Topic: New Fotos not searchable/Problems with table wordlist  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Ryukia

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
New Fotos not searchable/Problems with table wordlist
« on: February 12, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »
Hi,

we had the problem that at some point newly uploaded photos were not searchable. I suggested to run the rebuild_searchindex plugin but the result was even worse, now only very few photos could be found. I downloaded the database and took a look at the table 4images_wordlist and was stunned. I found entries like this:

Code: [Select]
INSERT INTO 4images_wordlist (word_text, word_id) VALUES ('heisst <84>roter oktober<93>', 141);
INSERT INTO 4images_wordlist (word_text, word_id) VALUES ('1989  im roten turm', 142);
INSERT INTO 4images_wordlist (word_text, word_id) VALUES ('foto von links', 143);
INSERT INTO 4images_wordlist (word_text, word_id) VALUES ('oliver stefani', 144);
INSERT INTO 4images_wordlist (word_text, word_id) VALUES ('mathias troendle', 145);
INSERT INTO 4images_wordlist (word_text, word_id) VALUES ('ortsvorsteher altfelix', 146);
INSERT INTO 4images_wordlist (word_text, word_id) VALUES ('vorherrschend waren zitate von mao', 147);

Instead of single words, sentences or parts of them were indexed.
I loaded the database on my own server tried rebuild_searchindex there and it worked!

The main difference between the two webspaces are: The host where rebuild failed (German hoster all-inkl) runs PHP 5.3.2  where the other server runs PHP 5.1.x. Could it be that some functions dealing with strings in 4images have trouble with the changes in PHP 5.3?

Second but minor problem: The word "Alte" like in "Alte Straße" is never indexed and therefore can not be found. Alter, altes, alten etc are indexed though  :roll:

Third thing, also minor: German quotation marks (hex84 and hex93) are not stripped while indexing the photo description (see part of wordlist above)

At the moment we run rebuild_searchindex on the other machine and load the tables 4images_wordlist and 4images_wordmatch on the webspace that runs PHP 5.3. to keep new photos searchable.

Ciao
  Ryu

Rembrandt