Author Topic: TimeZone & phpinfo.php  (Read 4963 times)

Offline kelvin

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
TimeZone & phpinfo.php
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
Hello, I am sorry if this question sounds silly but please bear with me..
My site ran for years with no problems but recently I have been seeing these lines on my site:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home3/kelvind1/public_html/kelvin/includes/page_header.php on line 139

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home3/kelvind1/public_html/kelvin/includes/functions.php on line 722

And my admin control panel shows:

Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home3/kelvind1/public_html/kelvin/admin/phpinfo.php on line 30

I have searched through the forum looking for similar problems but am still baffled.
I understand the timezone comes from the server, not 4images; is this correct?
Also, line 30 in my phpinfo.php file shows phpinfo() so how do I relate this to the control panel warning/advice?
I have asked my hosting company to look into the timezone issue but I am not hopeful of anything sensible from there!
Any assistance would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Kelvin

Offline kelvin

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: TimeZone & phpinfo.php
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 12:03:43 AM »
I think I now have the solution.
As I suspected, it appears to have been caused by my hosting service. They recently upgraded from to PHP 5.6 and the timezone info was lost.