Author Topic: Strange behavor of this forum lately?  (Read 4681 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Strange behavor of this forum lately?
« on: June 13, 2003, 06:30:47 AM »
Have anyone experienced lately, that when u go through all unreaded messages and in about 5 min after refresh index page of this forum it shows u that in some forums has new messages, and when u open that forum there are no threads with new messages...or a thread shows that it has new message, but that thread u already readed...?
I was gonna say that thats might be because of many different browsers installed on my machine, but I just had same experience from another comp, that has only IE6 installed...
Strange... :?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 06:45:46 AM »
Are the threads in question ones you had replied to?  If so, I understand this behavior.  A thread has a new post and is "unread".  You read it and post a reply.  When you come back the thread is again treated as having a new post and is "unread".  Your post is the last one at the bottom of the thread.

Is this what you see happening?  Other than this, I have found no odd behavior at all here.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 06:49:39 AM »
yes, thats one for the situations. I could understand this one, when while u were writing reply, someone replyed too, and u didnt let page fully refresh after posting (didnt let it redirect).
but, what was strange lately, it was picking random threads that I've already read, sometimes I've read them first from the list of 'unread' messages...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)