Author Topic: MOD REQ: Category Info  (Read 6500 times)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
MOD REQ: Category Info
« on: May 01, 2005, 08:06:45 PM »
First V@no if this is the wront forum, sorry..

What i am wanting to do it like on v@no's website. When you click on categories it shows a section with category info on it.
i have tried to implement this by reading other post about adding new templates and yada yada, But none of them seemed to work.. i did get the new template in and it works but the commands or code dont. Like {cat_name} just shows a random category.. why i cant figure out. others like
{cat_hits}, {cat_description}, and among others. i want to also try to do the new images in cat and total images in that category.

(Copied and Pasted from other topic i posted in. )

I tried editing the categories.html and also made a template but cant get all the {stuff_here} to work. i figured out how to add a new template but stuff like the Total Images for the cat or new images etc.. wont show up.. i have spent the past few hours searching and editing that i just dont know where to go now.. could you please tell me how you did it and also simular to your images info: also.

Oh.. and why does when i do the {cat_name} it shows a different category that its currently showing.

I am trying, really i am..

Below is what is shown on V@no's site.

any help or point to the right direction will be appreciated.  :wink:

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
Re: MOD REQ: Category Info
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 05:33:26 AM »
Everyone else gets a reply but me.. someone has had to of done this other than V@no. If you can look at my site and go to a category.. i got some of it to work  :D but others, well not so much..  :cry: Thanks

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 06:30:13 AM »
lets start with this:
what exactly is not showing?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 03:44:30 PM »
lets start with this:
what exactly is not showing?
The thing about some of them is that im not sure what exactly goes there.. i searched in each of the php files but not there.. so guessing that the command has to be added?

1. Total Images within a category that is showing. I tried {num_images} but shows last sub cat in main cat.
2. New Images in Category.
3. Since Cat was created, [Date]

That is it for now gonna work on images (detail.html) when i have time, Started new job a week ago so been short on it..
I dont want to copy exactly what is on your site, you know.. for some reason it dont feel right. but i was wanting it simular, not everything.
Quick question V@no.. i read in another post you were in and you said that you have every MOD that is on the forums and that MOST of them can be found there. There is 1 or 2 that i havent been able to find.. this is one and the other cant remember at the moment.. I have searched and searched and gotten this far with the cat info and how to add new templates but i am having to get info from multiple threads..
but anyway.. if you can help me with that at the moment. I would be Gracefull.  8)
Oh the other thing i was gonna ask you.. do you take donations?  :wink:
Thanks.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 04:04:27 PM »
1. Total Images within a category that is showing. I tried {num_images} but shows last sub cat in main cat.
In categories.php find:
Code: [Select]
  "msg" => $msg,Insert below:
  "total_cat_images" => $cat_cache[$cat_id]['num_images'],
  "lang_cat_images" => $lang['lang_cat_images'],
  "new_cat_images" => $new_image_cache[$cat_id],
  "lang_new_images" => $lang['lang_new_images'],
It will allow u use the following tags in categories.html template:
{total_cat_images} - the total number of images
{new_cat_images} - number of new images
{lang_new_images} - text "New images"
{lang_cat_images} - text "Total images" (in case it wont show this, u might need add $lang['lang_cat_images'] = "Total images"; into your language file (lang/<your lang>/main.php)

Because 4images does not store date when a category was created, this feature will require changes in the database structure and in few other files (global.php, admin/categories.php)
Sorry, I'm kinda not in the "mood" to go into the details on that one ;)

Oh the other thing i was gonna ask you.. do you take donations? :wink:
No, I dont, I'm not here to make a profit (even though I had an idea in the past :?) ;) but thanks for asking :D
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 05:09:17 AM »
In categories.php find:
  "msg" => $msg,Insert below:
  "total_cat_images" => $cat_cache[$cat_id]['num_images'],
  "lang_cat_images" => $lang['lang_cat_images'],
  "new_cat_images" => $new_image_cache[$cat_id],
  "lang_new_images" => $lang['lang_new_images'],
It will allow u use the following tags in categories.html template:
{total_cat_images} - the total number of images
{new_cat_images} - number of new images
{lang_new_images} - text "New images"
{lang_cat_images} - text "Total images" (in case it wont show this, u might need add $lang['lang_cat_images'] = "Total images"; into your language file (lang/<your lang>/main.php)
Yeah! but i can only put it directly in the categories.html, Which is fine but i did make a cat_stats.html but the {stuff here} dont show up at all.. well actuall the {cat_name} does i think but.. anyways..   :cry: :?

Because 4images does not store date when a category was created, this feature will require changes in the database structure and in few other files (global.php, admin/categories.php)
Sorry, I'm kinda not in the "mood" to go into the details on that one ;)
Thats ok.. I understand. You have been a great help.  :wink:

Oh the other thing i was gonna ask you.. do you take donations? :wink:
No, I dont, I'm not here to make a profit (even though I had an idea in the past :?) ;) but thanks for asking :D
PROFIT?  :roll: I was just talking about a quarter or something  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wanna repay you somehow if not money???? What :?: