Author Topic: IF/IFNO help ENDIF/ENDIFNO  (Read 8718 times)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
IF/IFNO help ENDIF/ENDIFNO
« on: April 26, 2005, 05:50:55 PM »
Ok, What I am trying to do is in my header I have photo of the day, and random image.
When you click on a category there still there.. Well what I would like to happen is, when you click on a category something else shows up in that spot.
I have tried the IF/IFNO lines.. like below

Code: [Select]
{if category}
Show Something here
{endif category}
{ifno category}
{potd}
{random_image}
{endifno category}
Nothing happens..  :cry: Is this wrong :?: what can I do to make this acomplishment? :wink:

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Re: IF/IFNO help ENDIF/ENDIFNO
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 06:06:55 PM »

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 06:09:56 PM »
I have tried the IF/IFNO lines..
Did you install the mod that supports ifno :?:

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6036.0

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7493.0

Why Yes I Have!!
I am the one that had V@no post that for 1.7.1 . yes its installed... now what?..
could it be cause its being used in the header?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 12:13:42 AM »
your question, well, actualy the description of what are you trying to accomplish, is not clear.
U want to show something when? when u enter in a category and what? what condition?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 12:48:49 AM »
what I would like to happen is, when you click on a category something else shows up in that spot.

The if and ifno tags don't work like that.  They simply evaluate to true or false and can't be used to equate numeric values so
Code: [Select]
{if {cat_id}} would evaluate to true if cat_id was set to something.  That's it.  The tag system can't be used for conditional branching

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »
your question, well, actualy the description of what are you trying to accomplish, is not clear.
U want to show something when? when u enter in a category and what? what condition?
V@no.. Almost like or well just like what is on your site..

but the template i am using dont think i can do it right or anyother way..

like say. you go to index.html the main part of the site.. on the left which is part of the header
you see the photo of the day and random image. well when you click on a category instead of showing the potd and random image it will show like on yours category info. Maybe just wanting the potd and R_I just to show in index but not in cat or details.html.. Does that clearify V@no?.. i can see it . i can picture it but not for sure if this is explaining it well!!!! You know on your site it shows the stats on the right. then you click on the category and it dont have the column on the right but now it shows the cat info on the left and if you click on details of an images it show the info of that image. Im thinking i may have to create a new template like Cat.html to show the cat stats but not sure how to intergrate in the php. i can make the template but you know.. V@no, I know you created your own template. But did you make the columns in your header or in each of the pages? or i dont know.. I hope you can help or maybe have to use a different template or better yet create my own.. (OH BOY)..  :lol:
Thanks V@no

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 01:02:05 AM »
but that is a part of "main" templates, it should not be inside header.html (unless u've changed it).
So, the answer is: edit category.html template and remove random image or whatever u dont need.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 06:03:24 AM »
but that is a part of "main" templates, it should not be inside header.html (unless u've changed it).
So, the answer is: edit category.html template and remove random image or whatever u dont need.
No i didn't change it its the way the template is made.. maybe that is why its confusing me..

This is the original Code for header.html the only thing i added in mine is the POTD and Calendar i think..
Im thinking there is no way to do it like this.. so i AM gonna have to use a different template... to think.. all that modding i did to this one.. for nuthing..
Please tell me there is a way? /me gets on knees and begs  :lol: :lol:

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 06:07:25 AM »
To Elaberate: the header.html for the template is made like that.. since i have tried to edit to make the header only the top and the main, cat, etc...

but V@no.. i would like to do whats in your categorys.. how it shows Category Info:
I tried editing the categories.html and also made a template but cant get all the {stuff_here} to work. i figured out how to add a new template but stuff like the Total Images for the cat or new images etc.. wont show up.. i have spent the past few hours searching and editing that i just dont know where to go now.. could you please tell me how you did it and also simular to your images info: also.

Oh.. and why does when i do the {cat_name} it shows a different category that its currently showing.

I am trying, really i am..

V@no.. below is what i want simular too!!!.. (of course you know but to show)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 06:49:16 AM »
V@no,
Can you help :cry: or should i post in different forum?  :?: :?:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 07:26:49 AM »
should i post in different forum? :?: :?:
yes please, your request has nothing to do with this topic ;)
as of now, I dont have time to help u on that one, sorry.