Author Topic: image rotation with EXIF  (Read 3326 times)

Offline lorenzodp

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
image rotation with EXIF
« on: November 13, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
Hi all. On my gallery at www.lorenzodipietro.it/4images i've seen the image rotation doesn't work. In example the image www.lorenzodipietro.it/4images/details.php?image_id=524  sould be automatically rotated reading the position in the exif code of the picture (in worked with coppermine) but it doesn't. You can try by yourself downloading the picture and open it locally, it will be rotated to the vertical position.
I've tried on 4galleries using eighter ImageMagik, GD Bibliotek, and NetPBM, but no result at all.

someone as got suggestion about auto rotation on 4images?

tnx

lorenzo

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Re: image rotation with EXIF
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »
... You can try by yourself downloading the picture and open it locally, it will be rotated to the vertical position. ...

... no ... horizontal position ... :!:
... try this ... http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=5786.msg24898#msg24898
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline lorenzodp

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: image rotation with EXIF
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:19 PM »
Hi! many thanks, but on the other forum the issue is about a script to manually rotate the picture. So my case is different because the picture itself contains the position in the EXIF information and should be rotated automatically. So you say on your pc the image doesn't come rotated, i don't know, to me is locally rotated in vertical position, but it remains horizontal in the online gallery

ops.. i involuntarily clicked on "solved" over your suggestion, but i didn't want to, how can i change this? very sorry, i'm clearly a newbie...

lorenzo