Author Topic: Hide IP Addresses from view in the Admin cPanel???  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Anarchology

• I LULZ too much!
    • View Profile
    • Tainted Pix
Hide IP Addresses from view in the Admin cPanel???
« on: February 06, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
I submitted my .xml page to Google Webmasters, and allowed Google to spider my site. However, Google does it often and many times at once. It seems to throw me off when it comes to members and guests viewing my site. Look at the picture below...

What isn't blocked out is GOOGLE! I had to step back and look at it with a crazy look on my face. I have no problem with Google robots indexing my pages... that is a GOOD THING!!! But it is a little bit of a pain when trying to make sense of actual members/guest from robots.

I certainly do NOT want to block Google from using their spiders on my page, but if there is a way to hide "66.249.71.***" from my cPanel, that would be great! I don't know if this is possible, but would be very beneficial.

Thanks in advance!
A personal THANK YOU to all of the great programmers on this site for helping me get my site from something basic to what it is today!

My site: http://taintedpix.com
(warning: some adult content)

Offline KurtW

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Malediven-Bilder ~~Dreams~~
Re: Hide IP Addresses from view in the Admin cPanel???
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 01:35:35 PM »
Hi,

in admin/home.php

search:
Code: [Select]
echo "<td><a href=\"".$ip_whois_link.$row['session_ip']."\" target=\"_blank\">".$row['session_ip']."</a></td>\n"replace with:
Code: [Select]
echo "<td>...</td>\n"

Kurt