Author Topic: downloading videos  (Read 4167 times)

Offline spacecapital

• View Profile
downloading videos
« on: October 20, 2005, 09:58:34 PM »
Here is a strange problem I'm having with my gallery.  When I try to download a video file I get a 500 error message.  I went to the file on my server and changed the name and the download popup window came up.  It doesn't work because the file name have been changed.  The first time I erased the file from my server and this happened.
Why I'm having problems when the video file is there and when I remove it, it function correctly.  I don't have any problems downloading pictures, just with videos or zip files.

Spacecapital

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
Re: downloading videos
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 10:21:49 PM »
you must increase memory limit per script in php.ini to be more then the largest file you want to download.
also, if you have access to the error logs files, see what exactly it says when 500 error come up.

Offline spacecapital

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 11:02:19 PM »
Is this a file that I could change?  Is it located in the gallery directory?  I checked and I don't know where to find this file.  You might have a point because I could download the smaller video clips I just added with no problem.

SpaceCapital

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 12:19:45 AM »
contact your host administrator.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)