Author Topic: additional category dropdown showing different categories  (Read 3101 times)

Offline stefano

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
additional category dropdown showing different categories
« on: June 24, 2003, 06:31:57 PM »
Hi all,
a while ago Vampy wrote
Hi! I was wondering if it is possible to add an additional category dropdown box in every page of the gallery. Right now when I try to do that, one of them would work but the other will not. I put one of them at the top and the other at the bottom of every page.... and I get  anice suggestion from V@no This the post : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5849&highlight=getcategorydropdown

Now I have manage  to have 3 dropdown menu but all them show the same categories list . I need to have diffeent categories in for the 3 dropdowm menu.
WHy ???  First I have too many categories and the dropwsdown menu is getting  too long but most important  I want to separate the content .
For istance the first dropdwon for arts ( Such as painting sculpture and son material ......) the second for material..( glass wood ..iron..and the third for  artist names list .

I really need this Please someone help me I have tried for days but I can get it to work Even using different php  debugger I can not understand how the  functions  get_category_dropdown - get_category_dropdown_bits are building the dropdown menu. I have tried to use a special suffix at the the end of the category (for instance wood_mat)
and then try every kind of preg_ function

Thanks stefano