Author Topic: [MOD] Members Personal Category (obsolete, not supported)  (Read 140537 times)

Offline ib41

• View Profile
[MOD] Members Personal Category
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2003, 10:46:29 PM »
Quote from: V@no
is this error shows only when u are logged in as administrator?

It shows up BOTH as a REGULAR user and also as ADMINISTRATOR

sn: I  installed the Bypass SAFE MODE hack found here >>>  http://www.4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3958 and I'm still getting that error above the page ( even tho the image IS uploaded and viewable )
People gain a lil authority and suddenly they think they're god
then you tell them the truth and they can't handle it
so they abuse the power bestowed upon them

Offline geza

• View Profile
Creat a personal category
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2003, 02:55:23 PM »
i have the mod installed and activated.
now i make a login as a registered member. i can not see any possibility to make me a new category. i can not find the page where its possible.
(sorry for my english)
-------------
;-) gruss
geza

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Creat a personal category
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2003, 02:57:58 PM »
Quote from: geza
i can not find the page where its possible.

go to "Control Panel" (not the admin control panel), u should see new option "Activate MPC"
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline geza

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2003, 03:19:28 PM »
checkbox is activ. i click to edit and come error: i have no rights...
(in admin control panel are the rights for registered members checked)
-------------
;-) gruss
geza

Offline blaine

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Great Mod - a few questions....
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2003, 05:23:52 AM »
Thanks for this great Mod :)

I've installed in on a new ver1.7 install for testing. I've enabled it and it appears to work but have a few questions that I am not fully understanding and have read all the posts on this topic.

- Installed on XP, added the English Language Pack

1) Appears I have to enable it per user from the admin->edit users
    Is this the only way?

2) In admin->edit users: What is the Field "Personal Category" for. I can only really edit my personal category permissions if I enter a "1" in this field. Even if "Activate Personal Category" is activated in edit user screen. I don't understand the interplay between the 2 fields. Activate is clear.

3) How do I automatically have a new category created for a user - is this possible?  It appears your site works this way.

4) How do I assign the category to the user and how do I see this as a user ?  - I don't see anyway to tell what real category "personal category" I am editing permissions as a user.

5) Logged in as user and accessing the control Panel. I see the "Personal Category *New" in the left col - under the random image. I have a Check box that is enabled by the "Activate" label - so far so good.
  5.1 -> Am I supposed to be able to de-activate and activate this as a user?  (if not why is it a checkbox that I apparently have control over)
  5.2 -> Not touching the checkbox - if I then hit "Save" above the Change Password field - the Personal Category flag will de-activate. Everytime. I have to logon as admin and re-enable that user again.

That should do and will help me with this mod - maybe others had similar questions ;)

Thanks,
Blaine

Offline popo

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2003, 03:14:51 PM »
a great mod! I would like to try it for my pic galley, but I can not download the "Install MPC installer" file, would V@no send me the file by email ?

my email: popo@bbs.shunde.net

thanks.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Great Mod - a few questions....
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2003, 03:47:15 PM »
sorry, was kind of too busy lately.

Quote from: blaine
1) Appears I have to enable it per user from the admin->edit users
    Is this the only way?

u must first anable MPC from 4images settings.

2) In admin->edit users: What is the Field "Personal Category" for. I can only really edit my personal category permissions if I enter a "1" in this field. Even if "Activate Personal Category" is activated in edit user screen. I don't understand the interplay between the 2 fields. Activate is clear.

That field is show u the category ID asigned to the user, u can change it to another category ID.

3) How do I automatically have a new category created for a user - is this possible?  It appears your site works this way.

yes, each member must first activate MPC from their profile, when they activated, and accepted terms and conditions, they can set settings and stuff. (remmber, u must first activate "global" MPC from 4images settings.

4) How do I assign the category to the user and how do I see this as a user ?  - I don't see anyway to tell what real category "personal category" I am editing permissions as a user.

sorry, didnt quet understand this one :? I might answered it already in second question.

5) Logged in as user and accessing the control Panel. I see the "Personal Category *New" in the left col - under the random image. I have a Check box that is enabled by the "Activate" label - so far so good.
  5.1 -> Am I supposed to be able to de-activate and activate this as a user?  (if not why is it a checkbox that I apparently have control over)
  5.2 -> Not touching the checkbox - if I then hit "Save" above the Change Password field - the Personal Category flag will de-activate. Everytime. I have to logon as admin and re-enable that user again.
yes, members can deactivate their MPC (it's actualy pretty much useless :?)
Not sure about 5.1, it shouldnt be that way.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline ib41

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2003, 03:42:52 AM »
......... any fix yet ?

Offline blaine

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
A few more questions ...
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2003, 04:53:02 AM »
V@no, thanks for that reply. I always had the feature enabled and your other replies helped.  I wanted to outline my understanding on how to setup and administrate the personal category feature.  If you could review and maybe this will also help others.

1) Enable feature in main settings

2) Create categories or sub-categories that you want users to use for their personal images. Likely one per user that you want to enable this feature for.

3) For each user: Edit user record and enable the MPC feature then enter the category ID that you created above in the "Personal Category" field

4) Now edit permissions for user to grant access for the category to view category, images, upload etc ....

Note: If this is a sub-category then you need view category rights for all directories in the tree.

Note: I can still view and access the images even without the parent directory access, I just can't see the categories and navigation from the home view. I may see the new image and thus the link as expected

5) Login as user and edit the permissions for the personal category if you want to grant other users access or make public

I assume that is the intended behaviour and admin steps.

The only problem I still see is that when logged in as a user and I access the control panel. Hitting Save will clear the "Activate" Personal Category checkbox - everytime using IE 6. Making no changes on the form.

Also, I can de-activate the MPC as the user but I can not re-activate it.

Are you aware or going to release fixes for the above noted issue  - just curious as I may have to dig into the code but would prefer to not if I don't need.

Thanks,
Blaine

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: A few more questions ...
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2003, 06:11:08 AM »
1) Enable feature in main settings

2) Create categories or sub-categories that you want users to use for their personal images. Likely one per user that you want to enable this feature for.
This is correct. Make sure that permissions of that category for view category and view images set to all.

3) For each user: Edit user record and enable the MPC feature then enter the category ID that you created above in the "Personal Category" field

4) Now edit permissions for user to grant access for the category to view category, images, upload etc ....
U might need do those steps, if u didnt do step 2 (your tutorial) and members already activated their MPC.

Note: I can still view and access the images even without the parent directory access, I just can't see the categories and navigation from the home view. I may see the new image and thus the link as expected
this is quet alright, that's why u must set MPC root category (the one u chose in settings) "view category" and "view images" to ALL.

5) Login as user and edit the permissions for the personal category if you want to grant other users access or make public
Correct.

The only problem I still see is that when logged in as a user and I access the control panel. Hitting Save will clear the "Activate" Personal Category checkbox - everytime using IE 6. Making no changes on the form.

Also, I can de-activate the MPC as the user but I can not re-activate it.
this is not right, I've checked my installation steps on fresh 4images and it was working perfectly (I think :?).

Are you aware or going to release fixes for the above noted issue  - just curious as I may have to dig into the code but would prefer to not if I don't need.
I'd like see it in action if u dont mind, would u post a link to your site?

Offline ib41

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2003, 05:46:59 AM »
Quote from: dune
oh, also got into some trouble with the mod:

i'm running a standalone installation and it works fine until i try to change the default permissions from the users' control panel. once i try to switch between all, registered users, and private i get this kind of messages:

if i try to switch from all to registered users:

Code: [Select]
DB Error: Bad SQL Query: UPDATE 4images_categories SET auth_download = 2 WHERE cat_id =
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 3

from all to private:

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: UPDATE 4images_categories SET auth_download = 3 WHERE cat_id =

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT group_id FROM 4images_groupaccess WHERE cat_id = AND auth_download = 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND auth_download = 1' at line 3

and something else, the category is not displaying for guests, even though now 'all' should be able to see it. Please help :)

solutions ?

Offline ch3och3

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2003, 10:45:29 PM »
Quote from: ib41
Quote from: dune
oh, also got into some trouble with the mod:

i'm running a standalone installation and it works fine until i try to change the default permissions from the users' control panel. once i try to switch between all, registered users, and private i get this kind of messages:

if i try to switch from all to registered users:

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: UPDATE 4images_categories SET auth_download = 2 WHERE cat_id =

from all to private:

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: UPDATE 4images_categories SET auth_download = 3 WHERE cat_id =

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT group_id FROM 4images_groupaccess WHERE cat_id = AND auth_download = 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND auth_download = 1' at line 3

and something else, the category is not displaying for guests, even though now 'all' should be able to see it. Please help :)

solutions ?

u have to edit user profile in Control Panel

give the member a member Category number...

But Admin still have  DB error message...

Offline spoiledRHOtten

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2003, 02:59:40 AM »
okay..so say a user has created/activated their album already.....and you have 1150 users. How do they change their permissions?

Do I have to edit user and change permissions for ALL 1150 users so that everyone can see everyone else's albums?!?!?!?

I keep getting this error anyways whenever I try to edit the permissions from member_editprofile...I get this error:

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: UPDATE 4images_categories SET auth_upload = 3 WHERE cat_id =

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT group_id FROM 4images_groupaccess WHERE cat_id = AND auth_upload = 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND auth_upload = 1' at line 3

please help....I think i might cry.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2003, 04:50:46 AM »
Quote from: spoiledRHOtten
okay..so say a user has created/activated their album already.....and you have 1150 users. How do they change their permissions?

each of your members must go to control panel, activate MPC, click save. after that they should see a link "Edit" in their control panel. After first time clicking on "Edit" link, they must accept whatever agreement u set, then new category folder should be automaticaly created and they should see the permissions page.

Offline spoiledRHOtten

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2003, 04:56:28 AM »
Quote from: V@no
Quote from: spoiledRHOtten

each of your members must go to control panel, activate MPC, click save. after that they should see a link "Edit" in their control panel. After first time clicking on "Edit" link, they must accept whatever agreement u set, then new category folder should be automaticaly created and they should see the permissions page.

okay...right.

so they get DB errors everytime they try to set permissions. What must I do so that they dont get errors?