Author Topic: category hits stoped at 32767 ???  (Read 8112 times)

Offline HelpMeNow

• View Profile
category hits stoped at 32767 ???
« on: May 01, 2003, 05:33:44 PM »
I have one category in my 4images that the hits in it has reached 32767 and stoped going up! Even regular users won't be counted. All my other categories are registering hits but has not reached this number yet.

How can this be fixed.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 05:37:26 PM »
I'm not sure if this could help, but (hope u know how to work with mysql managers, i.e. phpmyadmin)
try to execute this mysql query:
ALTER TABLE `4images_categories` CHANGE `cat_hits` `cat_hits` MEDIUMINT( 10 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

by default cat_hits field set to SMALLINT( 6 ) I really dont know what's the difference bettween all those " *INT " types, but for some reason cat_id is set to MEDIUMINT ( 8 ) but hits to smaller value...that should be opposite I think
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline HelpMeNow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 06:07:51 PM »
V@no,
Thank you for your quick reply. I ran the query and it's working now and regestering hits.
Thank you again for your help and expertise.

p.s. I noticed that the download number for the dutch version of 4images on this site has also stopped on 32767 as well.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 06:22:06 PM »
Quote from: HelpMeNow
V@no,
Thank you for your quick reply. I ran the query and it's working now and regestering hits.
Thank you again for your help and expertise.

p.s. I noticed that the download number for the dutch version of 4images on this site has also stopped on 32767 as well.

great, thx for the info, I'd posted database "fixer" today (it seems the few more tables needs to be updated),
but before I do that, I'd like to know for sure, what is the best type/max size for that kind of fields...is anyone out there familuar with mysql?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline babe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 11:18:56 PM »
So, is there anything else except for running that mysql query that needs to be done?

Offline www.girls-on-bikes.com

• View Profile
    • http://www.girls-on-bikes.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 11:28:53 PM »
Ahh, damn I love knowing the size of an integer :)