Author Topic: question about SMF integration  (Read 5363 times)

Offline haider512

• View Profile
question about SMF integration
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »
Im thinking of adding SMF forum to my 4images..

but im little confuse, that how it works. if they get integrated so both of them will share same database or different database will be used for them?

Also is it possible if user registers so he/she can access both forum and 4images with same username and password and during registration whatever avatar he/she have selected will be used for both forum and 4images.

Looking forward to positive feedback

Kind Regards
Haider

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
Re: question about SMF integration
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »
in regards to this mod...
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=22672.0

In this mod, both databases remain separate of each other.

If the user is first created in 4images, their username/password will automatically be created in the SMF database. If the user is already created on the SMF side and they create the same account on the 4images side WITH the same password, they are good. If they use a different password on 4images side then it will not log into the SMF side.

Avatar was never an option with this mod.

I am considering sitting down with it again, I will try to make things easier this time around and hopefully allot more features but this is a hobby for me and not my job, so job comes first.

Will keep the forum updated when the new one is ready to try...
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline haider512

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
so if someone changes password on 4images side..it will also automatically will be changed on smf side too..or he/she will have to use change password manually on smf side. ?

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
Correct, If you change your password on the 4images side, it will change the password on the SMF side.
BUT, if you change your password on the SMF side, it WILL NOT change the password on the 4images side.

That is why in my mod, I tried to remove all attempts to login/change password from the SMF side so you would be handling alll that from the 4images side.

Not a clean cut solution but it works in some environments.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline haider512

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »
i guess i can live with that as long as i remove the authority of changing password from SMF side. so users will only be able to change password from here 4images :-)