Author Topic: Email not sending by group, only to all  (Read 2346 times)

Offline itliberty

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Email not sending by group, only to all
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:51:45 AM »
Please help.  I was thinking I was sending out two email, one to each group.

First email to users registered but not activated asking them to not forget to click the link in their activation email.   Second to registered/activated users reminding them to upload new photos.

Both emails went to all even though I selected the emails.  I didnt choose the group heading but selected all of the emails under the respective groups.

As an additional test, I chose just one email address and it sent to all.

How do I fix this issue???

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Email not sending by group, only to all
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:10:24 AM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

This is first time I hear such issue. How many members do you have? (activated and not activated)

Also, did you select each member from each group or you only selected line that says "Registered users" or "Registered users (not activated)"? If the later, then that is the problem. You must select each member to whom you want send the email.

[EDIT]
Just double checked admin/email.php and I see nothing there that could possible cause what you described...It's quiet possible your browser cause this...did you try different browser?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:47:14 AM by V@no »
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)