Author Topic: [REQ] Save Thumbsnails from external Thumbnail URL's  (Read 5810 times)

Offline FunnyUser

• View Profile
[REQ] Save Thumbsnails from external Thumbnail URL's
« on: March 13, 2007, 08:31:42 PM »
Hey,
I've been searching the whole Forum but I couldn't find anything like this:

I've installed the MOD: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=13557.0 ([MOD] Integrar Google VIDEO y YouTube).
So i can easy include YouTube or Google Videos. Thats fine so far.
But its hard so save each Thumbnail on Harddrive before including a new Video. So, I've ask the Youtube Support to use their Thumbnails as an DeepLink. When I include new Videos in my ACP I just use the direct URL to the Youtube Thumbnail. So far it's still everything fine. Its just to explain my problem  :D :D :D
BUT: the directly-linked Thumbnails from the YouTube Server are loading very slow. They are not big. All about 3047KB's.

My question: Is there any way to save the Thumbnails automaticly on MY server, when I fill in the direct YoutTube Thumbs-URL (or other picture-file) in my ACP at "Thumbnail URL" on "Add new Images".
So the script has to load the URL which is at "Thumbnail URL" and save the file at the right "data/thumbnails/[cat_id]" which I have selected in the "Add new Images"-Form.

Sorry for my bad English!

waiting for your help....
FunnyUser

Offline apnetz

• View Profile
Re: [REQ] Save Thumbsnails from external Thumbnail URL's
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »
I would also like a solution to this.  Has anyone been able to create thumbnails for ([MOD] Integrar Google VIDEO y YouTube)?