Author Topic: Postcards sender's email address validation?  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Tonino47

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Postcards sender's email address validation?
« on: October 26, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »
Hi to all,

I must compliment 4images gallery on my opinion one of the best if not the best  :mrgreen: Gallery script, is fast, not complicated to add mods and above all super nice to use.

I tested all well known galleries, with postcards facilities and none of them includes the sender email validation.
For validation I don’t intend the Captcha verification code (as we know this script verifies if the entered email address it has been compiled correctly) but I mean how to verify if the entered sender email address truly belongs to him/her.

According to my gallery’s settings both members and visitors can post postcards, and I prefer this way because not all visitors are willing to register just to send a postcard.

Now to suppose a non logged in visitor wants to send a postcard, he/she when is filling the postcard form has the faculty to enter any email address which does not belong to him/her, consequently this person can remain anonymous, and this is not nice for obvious reasons, as we know there is always some characters ready to take  :( nasty jocks.

To avoid such inconvenience I’m hoping if there is a possibility to validate the sender email address, in such way, that when the sender clicks on the Send Button, a pop message (or any other type of communication) will alerts the sender to check the email program, where he/she will find in the message, a link that needs to clicked before the postcard can be send.
After that once the sender has clicked on that link the unsent postcard form it will reappear ready to be posted.

Far as I know there is just a standalone postcard (not a Gallery) script named: phpGreetCards  advanced version,   which performs such security , and the second is a plugin for Wordpress named:  wp-greet  that also can do such verification.

I was wondering is there is a possibility to include this mod/tweak in 4images as well.

Many thanks

Tony
Don't be afraid, in this world there is more than we know!