• [MOD] - Report a picture (configurable from ACP + over HTML template files) 4 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] - Report a picture (configurable from ACP + over HTML template files)  (Read 156510 times)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: [MOD] - Report a picture (configurable from ACP + over HTML template files)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2006, 05:21:19 PM »

In my opinion the report-page should be open in a small popup window

@mawenzi:

To be honnest, your suggestion has been strongly thought before I published this MOD regarding a popup possibillity. Althought, I had to change my mind right before since some users might be using a popup-blocker.

// So what ? Just disabled it.

Yes, that's what we hear a lot around here ain't it ? ;)

// Popup blocker from Internet Service Provider.

Althought, what most of online users might not be aware already, some ISPs (especially in CAN) are using a filter "from their server" to block popups for their customers in order to avoid spywares.

To conclude, on either case, your suggestion could not be considered due to these protections. Even if I could had the possibillity to add this, there wouldn't be a way for me to test this out properly "but" your suggestion is still greatly appreciated.

If Firefox can, providers can.  :D

with the detail-page in the background

As said from my instructions (and topic title), the HTML template is fully customizable with the report a picture MOD. Meaning, you can integrate your site header page without any problems. For instance, if you could see Loda's web site - she has done so. ;)

Althought, since her domain name has not been published in here, I'd rather wait for her conscent.

nd after reporting ... and the receipt of a thank message ... the popup should be closed ...

Fortunitely, even if it's not in a popup window, I have already set a successful and failed template page in order for users to, also, be able to customize them at their will. ;)

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUTS

Just a little note here. You don't have to quote this up each times since I'm already aware of my own text. ;)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2006, 05:25:16 PM »
@trez:

If you wondering why you cant see the settings in the admin panel, put the code in step one after the SECOND     }  Then everything is fine. Dont understand?

Actually ... even by checking your codes, I'm still confused about the post since everything works well from my end as it wasn't required to remove this bracket ... perhaps you implemented something before that amended this bracket to be removed (or is being left there as too much information for your case) since I can really assure mine works well with these two brackets already. ;)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2006, 05:41:37 PM »
@ oracle

Yes, its maybe because i installed many MODs, and there was somewhere an opening comand which was not closed, youre right. Everything works now, great MOD

Offline glitzer

• View Profile
    • over 7000 E-Cards
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2006, 11:43:39 PM »
Hello
i had the same problem with this code
Code: [Select]
function show_report_image_select($setting_name, $setting_value) {
  global $report_image_optionlist;
  echo "<select name=\"setting_item[".$setting_name."]\">";
  foreach ($report_image_optionlist as $key => $val) {
    echo "<option value=\"$key\"";
    if ($setting_value == $key) {
      echo " selected=\"selected\"";
    }
    echo ">".$val."</option>";
  }
  echo "</select>";
}

After this a cant see my admin settings no more...
When i give the second   } away, it doesnt works to...

i get the message  Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /www/htdocs/test/pics/admin/settings.php on line 352

I do all right and step by step.

Please help!

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2006, 11:47:41 PM »

i get the message  Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /www/htdocs/test/pics/admin/settings.php on line 352

Replace the } on the final line.

Did you installed a MOD before this one ? This is the 2nd report for the same issue (which I really can't get since this is the exact paragraph that I have right now and all works fine).

[ EDIT ]

To avoid growing this topic with this problem, please PM me by posting me your codes from admin/settings.php file. I will test your file myself. ;)

Offline glitzer

• View Profile
    • over 7000 E-Cards
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »
Hi, i think i have it.
I put the code after my Profile code
}
function show_profile_hits_options($setting_name, $setting_value) {
  global $set_profile_hits_optionlist;
  echo "<select name=\"setting_item[".$setting_name."]\">";
  foreach ($set_profile_hits_optionlist as $key => $val) {
    echo "<option value=\"$key\"";
    if ($setting_value == $key) {
      echo " selected=\"selected\"";
    }
    echo ">".$val."</option>";
  }
  echo "</select>";
}

Now it works Thank you!
 :)

Offline glitzer

• View Profile
    • over 7000 E-Cards
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 12:12:35 AM »
Sorryyy
me once more..but this mod doesnt work!
I have many Problemes..

FIRST:
I cant make a table with this..i does not work..i get only a white screen

<?php

define 
('ROOT_PATH''./');
include (
ROOT_PATH."global.php");
require (
ROOT_PATH."includes/sessions.php");
$user_access get_permission();

if (
$user_info['user_level'] == ADMIN) {

$sql "INSERT INTO ".SETTINGS_TABLE."
      (setting_name, setting_value)
      VALUES ('report_image_status', '0')

"
;

$result $site_db->query($sql);

if (
$result) {

echo 
"Installation successful.";

} else {

echo 
"Installation failed.";

####### End of if statement.
####### End of if statement.
?>

Now i have do it myself in my database.

SECOND:
When i fill out the Report form..and klick send..it doesnt show me any confirm as report send is ok or not ok..it replays to the index page and i DONT get any mail.

Now ..what is the error?

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 12:44:23 AM »

I cant make a table with this..i does not work..i get only a white screen

Well, it is not a table but a "row". If you're having difficulties to install this row, simply add it from your phpmyadmin inside your SETTINGS_TABLE. ;)

In fact ... I never encountered any problems with the installation file itself.

When i fill out the Report form..and klick send..it doesnt show me any confirm as report send is ok or not ok..it replays to the index page and i DONT get any mail.

And what does your web error logs and mail error logs say about this ? Please provide more details. I'm not in front of your monitor as I do not have these reported errors. More specifications would be amended. (You may PM me if you don't want to post these kinds of infos here).

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2006, 02:48:04 AM »
@glitzer:

i get only a white screen

Problem solved. The reason why you were getting a blank page is because you were not logged in under your ADMIN account to make the modifications ( a little security procedure for protecting your site against unwanted GUESTs). ;)

However, I have modified my first post regarding the installation file you posted and as, from now on, an error page message will appear in case you'll forget to log in in the future. ;)

From there, if you did not went into your phpmyadmin to add the field : "report_image_status", then it is not too late. ;)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2006, 06:50:30 PM »
Update: My first post has been updated from the Screenshots section.

Offline Nova

• View Profile
    • 4images Templates by Nova
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2006, 09:08:31 PM »
I'm glad a MOD like this has been created. Thanks for your hard work. Sometimes I don't think people appreciate the effort coders put into their work. Well done.  :)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2006, 09:51:23 PM »
I'm glad a MOD like this has been created. Thanks for your hard work. Sometimes I don't think people appreciate the effort coders put into their work. Well done.  :)

I think I'll start to cry if I keep reading this input above. 8)

Best thanks to you Nova. ;)

By the way, nice template here :

http://www.tarporley.com/4images/details.php?image_id=47

;)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 05:21:09 PM »
Update:

Step 9, Step 10, Step 11 has been updated today. For those who were unable to send e-mails since the beginning of the released date, you may try again. ;)

Also, you might want to know there's a new step to fill out - which is Step 11.1.

[ EDIT ]

A small security issue has just been fixed on Step 11. Please redo this step in the mean time for those who already read my update in this post. My apologize for such an instant notice.

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 06:56:22 PM »
I'm about to post the most unusual update of all. 10 mins ago, report_pic.php was working perfectly for me and, since I updated, I could finally see the redirecting to index page - without error message issue.  8O

That said, I have immediately updated Step 11. My sincere apologize for this error. Of course, those who still has any errors after this is not from this MOD's end. ;)

[ EDIT ]

URIKA !!

I found where the problem was. I forgot to state an if statement to check if the tracking information "were NOT tracked". You may officially redo Step 11 and this time FOR GOOD !!! 8)

It's really not my day it would seems.  :mrgreen:

In details, the problem was here :

$cat_id = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cat_id']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['cat_id'] != 0) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['cat_id']) : 0;
$cat_name = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cat_name']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['cat_name'] != "") ? (stripslashes(trim($HTTP_GET_VARS['cat_name']))) : $lang['no_categories'];
$image_id = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['image_id']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['image_id'] != 0) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['image_id']) : 0;
$image_name = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['image_name']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['image_name'] != "") ? (stripslashes(trim($HTTP_GET_VARS['image_name']))) : $lang['no_images'];
$image_url = $site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."details.php?".URL_IMAGE_ID."=".$image_id);

forgot to add this below :

if (!$cat_id || !$cat_name || !$image_id || !$image_name || !$image_url) {
header ("Location: ".$site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."report_pic.php?action=report_failed_comments", "&"));
exit;
} ###### End of if statement.

;)

Feel so bad for those who tryied to implemented this MOD many times without success already.  :oops:

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 09:18:27 PM »
Last update:

Since it is not my day, I have discovered another "small & tiny" security issue (not on same file at least. ;)).

However, please redo Step 2 since it was reported to me today that GUESTs what still able to get in. :| (but not anymore. ;)).