Author Topic: Group permissions for categories and subcategories  (Read 5732 times)

Offline fitterashes

• View Profile
Group permissions for categories and subcategories
« on: April 15, 2006, 12:53:53 AM »
I have a main categorie restrected to active members (private / group id1) but all subcategories i create don't inherit the permissions of this main categorie.
- How can I easily change the permissions of all the subcategories ? (see attached file) and get those permissions each time I create a new subcategory.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Group permissions for categories and subcategories
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:44:17 AM »
I have a main categorie restrected to active members (private / group id1) but all subcategories i create don't inherit the permissions of this main categorie.
its wierd...it should inherit permissions from parent category...
what version do you use?

P.S. perhaps this mod will be usefull:
[MOD] Apply permission to sub-categories from their parent category
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline fitterashes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 04:21:48 AM »
I use the last version 1.7.2 and even with the mod "Apply permission to sub-categories from their parent category" if I create a subcategory all permissions are automatically set to "NO"

I created all the categories & files with the mod [batch import] and set the permissions directly in the database [here] but I doubt that's the problem.

Offline Boatswain

• View Profile
    • Antique photo album
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 12:06:57 AM »
Hello V@no

And I was always wondering why I couldn't set permissions to a user or group.
Even after setting all options to private in a category I only see a checkbox in the category or user permissions.
After seeing the example image above I realise I clearly must be missing something because I don't have the dropdown boxes.
I hope you can help me.

See my screenshot below.

http://yfrog.com/6z4imagesj

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 03:22:06 AM »
The dropdown menus were in previous 4images versions. They were replaced by checkboxes because it makes it much easier to use.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)