Author Topic: Remove Terms of Registration?  (Read 6444 times)

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
Remove Terms of Registration?
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »
How can I remove the terms, so users are forwarded to the register form instead of the Agree to terms ?

Open: Register.php

Find:
Code: [Select]
if ($action == "") {
  $action = "signup";
}
Replace with:
if ($action == "") {
  $action = "register";
}
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:51:45 PM by BartAfterDark »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Remove Terms of Registration?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:41:37 AM »
Are you still asking? ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »
Nope hehe :) Couldn't post a reply to my thread.

But maybe this could get added to the FAQ or something, if anyone else wants to remove the "Terms of Registration" ?

Offline neverkas

• View Profile
    • FullPosteo
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 03:21:11 AM »
Very good is what I wanted!
But I have a query, I can make the terms appears in the 2nd Register?

Everything that appears in it, complete the form, then click to get a "radio button" I accept the terms, and finally gives Register.

Can be done?

Ex.
User:
Pass:
Email:
Code Verif.:
I accept the terms. (Button Radio left)
Send
http://www.fullposteo.com.ar/

La nueva forma de compartir tus fotos y vídeos con tus amigos!

The new form to share photos and videos width your friends!

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 12:01:51 PM »
It can be done with some JS code :)
Works that way, that the submit button is disabled until the user has checked the terms box.

<input type="checkbox" name="terms" onclick="this.form.submit.disabled = !this.checked" value="Y">
      I agree to the WEBSITE <strong>Terms of Service</strong> and <strong>Privacy Policy</strong></label>
    <br />
    <label>

Offline neverkas

• View Profile
    • FullPosteo
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
And you can not add in register.php?
To be required to accept, but acceptance does not create the account.
Because if JS is disabled and you can register without clicking "Accept Terms"

EDIT:

No click in Termns, say: ¡Rellena el campo !
Click in Terms, say:
An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
Ha habido un error. Por favor vuelva atrás e inténtelo de nuevo. Si el problema persiste, contacte con el administrador.
Because it gives me error?

<input type="checkbox" name="user_terms" onclick="this.form.submit.disabled = !this.checked" value="Y">

It:
 $user_password = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_password'])) ? trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_password']) : "";
replacement by:
 $user_password = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_password'])) ? trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_password']) : "";
 $user_terms = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_terms'])) ? trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_terms']) : "";

It:
   if ($user_password == "") {
      $msg .= (($msg != "") ? "<br />" : "").$field_error = preg_replace("/".$site_template->start."field_name".$site_template->end."/siU", str_replace(":", "", $lang['password']), $lang['field_required']);
      $error = 1;
    }

replacement by:
if ($user_password == "") {
      $msg .= (($msg != "") ? "<br />" : "").$field_error = preg_replace("/".$site_template->start."field_name".$site_template->end."/siU", str_replace(":", "", $lang['password']), $lang['field_required']);
      $error = 1;
    }
    if ($user_terms == "") {
      $msg .= (($msg != "") ? "<br />" : "").$field_error = preg_replace("/".$site_template->start."field_name".$site_template->end."/siU", str_replace(":", "", $lang['terms']), $lang['field_required']);
      $error = 1;
    }

It:
           (".get_user_table_field("", "user_id").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_level").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_name").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_password").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_email").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_showemail").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_allowemails").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_invisible").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_joindate").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_activationkey").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_lastaction").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_lastvisit").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_comments").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_homepage").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_icq").$additional_field_sql.")

replacement by:
           (".get_user_table_field("", "user_id").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_level").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_name").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_password").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_terms").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_email").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_showemail").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_allowemails").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_invisible").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_joindate").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_activationkey").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_lastaction").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_lastvisit").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_comments").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_homepage").get_user_table_field(", ", "user_icq").$additional_field_sql.")
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:10:21 PM by neverkas »
http://www.fullposteo.com.ar/

La nueva forma de compartir tus fotos y vídeos con tus amigos!

The new form to share photos and videos width your friends!

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
I don't quite know if the last reply was a question or what.

But you need to edit register_form.html in your template file with the code i posted earlier