Author Topic: (Batch) Update of IPTC image data and keywords  (Read 2826 times)

Offline ManfredG

• View Profile
(Batch) Update of IPTC image data and keywords
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »
Assuming you use batch upload and IPTC caption, keywords etc. you may face the same problem I have been struggling with for years now: When you update caption or keywords of some images, re-upload them to 4images you have to delete the old images and re-import them so that 4images will take note of the new data. A boring and error-prone thing when it has to be done often.
I have often been thinking and trying for a solution to do this automatically but it lasted until today: Finally (with a lot of preparation work done in the last two years  ;-) ) it took me a few hours only to implement "update image data and keywords" during "check for new images".

If anyone (with some PHP programing knowledge!!!) is interested on this solution, send me an email please! For three reasons I cannot give a ready-to-use mod:
a) I am not using the latest 4images version
b) I have done a lot of other changes during the last two years regarding import of iptc data so my code cannot be transferred directly to other users.
c) The current code is not perfect and requires individual configuration but it works.

Regards,
Manfred Grebler