Author Topic: Linking to filesever at home  (Read 3917 times)

Offline edwin

• View Profile
    • http://www.foto-janssen.nl
Linking to filesever at home
« on: June 03, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »
Today my i got an email that the diskspace of my website is exceeding the limit at my hostingprovider, now i have to find a solution for the problem

Is it possible/idea to have a fileserver at home and link for HiRes image download to that fileserver from my details.html and remove all my HiRes image at the hostingprovider

Who has experiance with this and who can give me some idea's for this, some hardware/software tips are also usefull just as link to website's

So everything is welcome

thanks in advance

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Linking to filesever at home
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 02:01:06 AM »
4images supports "out the box" download urls...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline edwin

• View Profile
    • http://www.foto-janssen.nl
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 09:56:39 AM »
Ofcourse V@no, ik knew that you would be the first with an answer, but can you you tell me a little bit more what "out of the box" means

Do you know of a website with an example

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:38:59 AM »
I ment, there is no modifications needed, 4images already supports such feature.
Just edit your images and in download url field enter the url to the large images located on other server.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)