Author Topic: Database - buildable with 4images?  (Read 3099 times)

Offline scan

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Database - buildable with 4images?
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:59:27 PM »
Hello everyone,
Im investigating if 4images is usable for us (medium sized company) as an internal image-storing system. We are in the process of collecting all the images, and we want to build up a database from these. Im am not the web-guy setting this up, in fact we would prefer a solution wich, once it is setup, would enable us as non-tech guys to build up the database with 4images itself. Is 4images the right program to do just this, or am I misinterpreting the abilities of this system? Sorry if the question is obvious, I have read the website here, wich led me to believe that it is possible to build the database with 4images. But however, I dont want to have someone set this up for us only to discover later that our expectations regarding the software where wrong.

In other words, does 4images require only a initial (empty) database to begin (and I would be able to build categories, define keywords with 4images, etc, etc), or do I have to provide a complete existing database wich 4images would only display?

Thanks in advance!

Christian

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
Re: Database - buildable with 4images?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »
Please try it... And i think you will love it... (o:

Offline scan

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Database - buildable with 4images?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »
Now that sounds like a Yes to my question :)
I currently have my local webserver up and running with 4images... and its indeed looking good :)

Thanks, I'll lock the topic.