Author Topic: Having some problems, getting an error when validating?  (Read 10299 times)

Offline SLAYER6669

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Having some problems, getting an error when validating?
« on: January 10, 2003, 12:24:07 AM »
The error I'm getting when I try to validate an image is this:

Warning: Unable to create './../data/media/1/5.jpg': Permission denied in /home/slayer6669/www/4images/admin/admin_functions.php on line 111
Error adding image: The Z (5.jpg)

Another error I'm getting when I tried to resize an image via netpbm is:
Convert image file: RearStraight.jpg (640x480) ....  
Warning: rename() failed (Permission denied) in /home/slayer6669/www/4images/includes/image_utils.php on line 166

Looks like a bunch of permissions problems .. I did chmod all the required directories and files listed in the installation doc to 777.. Any help is appreciated!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 01:40:54 AM »
Please, check F.A.Q. and search the forum.
this problem has been discused alot. :wink:

http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3383
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline SLAYER6669

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 03:16:39 AM »
Ok fixed that problem then.. Now I'm having auto thumbnail problems and I have searched and cannot find the answer.. I click to auto thumbnail, it says files created, and they are.. Everything shows up and a broken red x, i looked in the directory for the thumbnails and all the files have 0 kb? Hopefully I didnt miss the answer if it was right in front of my face again  :D  Thanks

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 03:49:23 AM »
I dont recall this problem either...
but, have tryed use GD or ImageMagick?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline SLAYER6669

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 04:23:31 AM »
Nope I haven't, I would prefer to use netpbm since its installed on the server.. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work ? Anyone else have any idea's?  :(

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 01:40:37 PM »
v@no was probably asking about GD/Imagemagik to see if the thumbnailer worked at all.

Offline SLAYER6669

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2003, 11:49:38 PM »
Well looks like Imagemagick is infact installed on the server so I tried it and it works, I guess maybe something is wrong with NetPBM on the server since the files were coming up empty.. although I don't know how much I like the thumbnail quality from imagemagick.. As you can see here the difference between my fireworks thumbnail and the imagicmagick one.. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to expect on the quality from these programs as I've never used them before.. I did use 100 on the quality with imagemagick..

macromedia fireworks:

Imagemagick:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2003, 12:48:00 AM »
I dont know why in 4images script uses -sample command for ImageMagick:
http://4homepages.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2893
so, try this:
open /includes/image_utils.php find:
Code: [Select]
 $command = $convert_options['convert_path']." -quality ".$quality." -antialias -sample $width"."x"."$height \"$src\" \"$dest\""; change to this:
Code: [Select]
 $command = $convert_options['convert_path']." -quality ".$quality." -antialias -geometry $width"."x"."$height \"$src\" \"$dest\"";

but, anyway, I think that create thumbnails with some program is better for two reasons:
1. better quality
2. smaller file size
after I start using ACDSee to create thumbnails, my /media/thumbnails/ folder become smaller in about 1/4 of what it was before.

Offline SLAYER6669

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2003, 01:11:06 AM »
That worked great, thanks alot for your help I appreciate it.. Looks like I'm all set!