Author Topic: A few quick questions  (Read 4571 times)

Offline TedAppleberry

• View Profile
A few quick questions
« on: March 06, 2003, 04:14:54 AM »
(1) Regarding Security - I to allow my co-admins to create categories, add pictures, etc. I have played around with the secutiry mechanism in 4images but have no idea how to do this  :?
(2) Is there a way to upload more then 1 image at a time through the Web interface?
(3) Let's say I have folders with 10 - 20 folders each destined for new albums or existing albums. Using FTP how can I mass import these images in? The directory structure is a bit confusing.

Thanks! This is an awesome package!
 :P

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
A few quick questions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 04:50:05 AM »
1. Letting others create categories is not possible unless you give out the primary administrator login.  Adding pictures can be done from the category pages themselves via "direct upload".

2.  No.

3.  Covered in the FAQ forum.

Offline TedAppleberry

• View Profile
A few quick questions
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 04:57:51 PM »
Quote from: Chris
1. Letting others create categories is not possible unless you give out the primary administrator login.  Adding pictures can be done from the category pages themselves via "direct upload".

So making them a part of group Administrators will not allow them to create categories from the control panel?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
A few quick questions
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 05:14:46 PM »
Quote from: TedAppleberry

So making them a part of group Administrators will not allow them to create categories from the control panel?

well, no, Chris probably ment that only if u give a user adminstartor's prevelegy, then they can create categories, but also, they can do whatever they want with the config...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
A few quick questions
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 06:36:02 PM »
Quote from: V@no
well, no, Chris probably ment that only if u give a user adminstartor's prevelegy, then they can create categories, but also, they can do whatever they want with the config...

Yep, that's it exactly.