Author Topic: Thumbnail Generation Error  (Read 6348 times)

Offline dontstay

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Thumbnail Generation Error
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:21:10 AM »
Hello, recently I tried installing the "Check new images in all categories" mod found here http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=4754.0

Additionally, I also edited my image_utils.php file for better thumbnail quality.

After doing these two things, and I FTP'd a BUNCH of new images to my gallery, and after adding them and thumbnail generation - the thumbnails were the exact same size as the full sized images! (640x480px!) I tried everything I could think of to get them to the normal size (I have it specified that thumbnails should be no larger than 100x100px), I decided to go into my thumbnails folder, delete every single one of my thumbnails, and then regenerate my thumbnails. Still the same problem.

Then I decided to restore my original checkimages.php file, maybe that was the problem. Went into my thumbnails folder AGAIN and deleted every one of my thumbnails and tried regenerating them - NOW I get an error every time I try autogenerating a thumbnail, it says "error creating thumbnail".

Another thing I might add, in 'settings' I changed the thumbnail quality to 85%, yet when I go to autogenerate my thumbnails the quality is still stuck on the default, 75%. Shouldn't the changes be reflected??

I am VERY frusterated and can not figure out what is wrong. I have restored all files that I changed back to what I had backed up, but to no avail!!

The url is http://dont-stay.com/galleria

Any help is MUCH appreciated...

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Thumbnail Generation Error
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:36:22 PM »
u forgot to mention what graphic module do u use.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline dontstay

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 07:40:05 PM »
Yes, thanks so much. I use Image Magick.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 12:41:13 AM »
A few people have reported simular issue, and in turned out was bad IM installation. After their host reinstall ImageMagic, it worked just fine.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline dontstay

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 12:42:38 AM »
If I reinstall, I will not loose any image descriptions or comments or anything?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:53:31 AM »
I was talking about reinstall ImageMagick, not 4images. which is an external software 4images uses.

Offline dontstay

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 01:22:33 AM »
Well I did not install Image Magick, I am using my host's installation of the program. I'm hosted with Surpass.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:28:42 AM »
well, then contact them, explain what happens, and ask them to reinstall IM.

P.S. did u change anything in the 4images code? installed any mods?

Offline dontstay

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 01:55:55 AM »
The only actual MOD I did with the coding as I've said was change -sample to -quality in image_utils.php, but since this problem I changed it back and am still experiencing the problem. Otherwise, no, I have not installed any mods.