Author Topic: members cant upload  (Read 4523 times)

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
members cant upload
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:52:49 AM »
Hello,
Members cant upload.
I have checked permissions and safe mode is  turned off according to my

http://motomechtech.net/phpinfo.php

As soon as you click the submit button all that happens is the page reloads and thats it?
I have searched and read the forums from top to bottom, but I am still missing something.

Please offer suggestions to rectify problem.............Thanks............................

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:04:29 AM by mattharkin »

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
Re: members cant upload
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 04:34:21 AM »
Well now I am Getting this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20000 bytes) in /home/motohnet/public_html/mmtgallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 74

I even tried it with a 4kb file, got the same error message.

Any ideas?.........................Thanks...............

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »
That I already answered you.

Can you create a test category with upload permissions for members and a test member, so I can test it?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:26:53 AM »
whats a test categorie?
Cant you just use any catagorie?
the answers you gave me before were for a different question. Since then I have uploaded 900 images and 900 thumbnails using ftp and EasyThumbs which went OK.

1) create thumbnails manually and upload them with the image (or add them later)
2) try use ImageMagic or NetPBM instead of GD (for information about executable paths contact your host's administrator)
3) ask your server's administrator increase memory limit (good luck on this one)
4) find another host.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:38:21 AM by mattharkin »

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 02:22:59 AM »
yeh Im getting a bit sick of this, Ive spent a week getting my gallery to look the way i want it and uploading pictures and I get it all the way I like it and It doesnt even work for members. Wish I had of known this before I put all that work in to it. I am falling way behind with my other work and I have to make a decision whether to persist with this script or look for another option. I really like the look and layout of my gallery now and would love to overcome this one problem rather than starting all over again. :( :? :cry: :?: :|

Offline mattharkin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 07:32:43 AM »
Wait I think Ive got it working, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall, keep your fingers crossed.