Author Topic: Printing List  (Read 7211 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Printing List
« on: August 15, 2006, 03:58:15 PM »
I tried searching but didn't find anything that fit what I was looking for. Hopefully V@no or someone who has some php knowledge can help.

Because of a new Federal Law governing dating sites, it is essential I keep my images current and updated. In the Admin area you can select Edit Images, do a serach without any search criteria and it will list all the images in the gallery. I wish there was a way to print out the list of image names. I know I could use the browsers print command, but usually it doen't list what is on the page as a whole and becomes very tedious and wastes a lot of paper.

It would be great if there could be a  plugin or even an external php script that could print out  a list that had:

Image name, Category and Username.

Once I had the list, I could easily compare this list to what I have listed in another program that is required by law so my gallery is kept current.

Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks
Steve

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Printing List
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 04:23:12 AM »
hmmm...you can do that in phpmyadmin...just sort the way you want and then hit "print view" link under the result
i.e. you can use this query to show only image id with image name sorted by date (lattest on top):
Code: [Select]
SELECT image_id, image_name
FROM 4images_images
ORDER BY image_date DESC
LIMIT 100
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »
Thanks V@no, it worked...you should write a book

Steve

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »
Hey V@no just an update on the SQL query you provided. It works like a charm but in using it I learn something.

When you delete an image from 4images, it does not delete it from your SQL database.

I used your query, printed out the list and to my surprise I saw old images listed that I deleted from 4images. At first I didn't know what to think, so I went back into 4images to be certain those images where not listed. Sure enough, when I did a search in 4images, it did not find the images still listed in the SQL database.

Your query works, but what I need is a list of current members in 4images. Like I said, SQL still has old images I deleted from 4images.

Any thoughts. If not, thanks again V@no.

Steve

Offline pixelsmith

• 4images & GT Zaskar FAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 11:50:15 PM »
Hey V@no just an update on the SQL query you provided. It works like a charm but in using it I learn something.

When you delete an image from 4images, it does not delete it from your SQL database.

I used your query, printed out the list and to my surprise I saw old images listed that I deleted from 4images. At first I didn't know what to think, so I went back into 4images to be certain those images where not listed. Sure enough, when I did a search in 4images, it did not find the images still listed in the SQL database.

Your query works, but what I need is a list of current members in 4images. Like I said, SQL still has old images I deleted from 4images.

Any thoughts. If not, thanks again V@no.

Steve

Hello to all,
How did you deleted the pictures from your gallery?
It seems to me that you deleted the files manually - you have to delete them over the ACP from your gallery.

Greetz
broken signature

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:44:43 AM »
Delete them all from the ACP. Never deleted them manually.  I go in to my admin and delete the images from there.

Offline pixelsmith

• 4images & GT Zaskar FAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 01:07:22 AM »
so, if you do a query from your mysql table like explained above, are you shure you see the deleted datas?

As you may know, 4images is a media management based on mysql. If you delete a picture or a file from the system,
the recordset in the database will be deleted.
May these will help:

1. Try to reload your printing list (Strg & F5) maybe you only see the cached results......
2. compare your recordsets in the database with a tool like phpmyadmin
3. If you've modified any *.php files check these
4. show us your query source file

Hope you'll fix the problem
broken signature

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 02:01:06 AM »
1) phpmyadmin is caching the results, so F5 (page refresh) will not help. You must click on "Refresh" link under the query that was just executed.
2) the only way images could possible stay in the database if somehow you managed to alter 4images code...try to search for the deleted image_id via phpmyadmin if it finds such ids, then sure enough you did something to 4images.
3) did you install "recycle bin" mod?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)