• [PROGRAM] 4images Mobile Server 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [PROGRAM] 4images Mobile Server  (Read 384997 times)

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • Discover the New World of Kindersurprise
Re: [PROGRAM] 4images Mobile Server
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2008, 08:39:45 PM »
 :thumbup: Danke

Harald
Danke Harald

Offline † manurom

• View Profile
    • manurom's 4images templates
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2008, 03:10:54 PM »
Hello, Jean Lukas;
Vista is really a mess, sometimes several things are blocked without warning the user...
Have you got any previous message from MS Vista Firewall, or Windows Defender?

Some Skype users may have such problems, as Skype launches at startup and keeps on listening port 80.
If you use Skype, try to quit Skype, and then launch 4images Mobile Server.
Once done, start Skype. It should work in this case.

Vista users may also have problems with IIS (Windows Internet Information Server), if it is launched as a service.

Feel free to contact me by PM to try to solve your own problem.

Salutations.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2008, 01:06:07 AM »
oh wow! this is such a great idea, not only for showing off your work without need the internet, but also its a time saver for any kind of developing.
It works fine, however I have one issue to report and a question:
when starting 4images_ms.exe it plays some sound AND changes system sound volume settings to 50%. This is a "no-no" for a portable application to change ANY settings in the system especially without restoring them after it closed.

is it necessary create virtual drive?

And final thought: since apache and mysql can be configured to run on different ports, I think it won't be too difficult do a simple check at startup if the ports are in use. If they are in use, prompt user select different ports.

P.S.
Just noticed, the program doesn't exit properly it leaves tray icon, like its dies  :?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline SunnyUK

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 07:01:59 PM »
What a great idea! I had been thinking about getting mySQL, php and Apache installed locally to be able to mess about with 4images without having to test things out on my live site. So this all-in-one package is absolutely the ticket!

I run vista. And like mentioned a couple of times before (by others), I get an error message from Vista (program crashed... investigating causes... cannot find a reason). However, after I click "cancel" to the error message, the 4images icon appears in my status bar and it seems I can run it from there. I just wonder which bits are not running as a result of the crash.

After copying my copies of the modded code and re-creating modded tables, it just seems to work. Wonderful!!! Thank you so much! :) :) :)

Oh, and as V@no says, why hijacking drive W?  I had a network drive mapped to W but had to disable that :(

Offline † manurom

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
I run vista.
What a pity!
Well, if you use a mapped network drive called w, you may change its letter, or else, edit the file server/start.bat, and change:
Code: [Select]
IF "%Disk%"=="" set Disk=wfor any letter you need to use.

Don't forget then to change in server/stop.bat:
Code: [Select]
subst w: /Dto fit with your own letter.

@V@no;
first: GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK HERE, MAN!
thanks for your experience.

About the "nono" sound, I will make the computer's sound return to 100% after the splash screen appears :oops:, or even delete any sound.

About the problem with some software as Skype, GoogleToolbarNotyfier... and more that start with Windows and listen to the port #80, we will add a feature to 4images Mobile Server to change the port that has to be listened (e.g: change to 8080). The MySQL port (3306), seems not to be affected by such programs.
In fact, we could change the native port to be 8080, for instance. Let us some times to try and furnish a good alternative.

Why use a virtual drive? 4images Mobile Server is based on Uniform Server 3.5 Apollo, and you can learn here why it uses a virtual disk: http://center.uniformserver.com/uniserver/uniserver_intro.html

Just noticed, the program doesn't exit properly it leaves tray icon, like its dies
4images Mobile Server uses Aestan Tray Menu, that is no more maintained since july 2004. The tray icon keeping on after closing is a known bug.
We try to get a more recent free application, working with people at Framasoft, and trying to adapt it to 4images Mobile Server.

Well, 4images Mobile Server has been downloaded more than 2500 times since I posted first. People know that any support could be given at contact@ami07.info.
Since the beginning, we never had any message about any unsolvable problem. In fact, we never had too any message to thank us... :mrgreen:

Thanks to mawenzi for his support about EXIF features.

I will post as soon as the changes are made.

Thank you very much, SunnyUK and V@no.

Offline SunnyUK

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Mobile Server or if it's an error in core 4images. But here goes...

When I

1) copy a new image to \data\media\3
2) run checkimages in order to import the image

I get this error message from checkimages

Warning: rename(./../data/media/3/DSC_1187.JPG,./../data/media/3/DSC_1187.JPG.bak) [function.rename]: File exists in W:\www\4images\includes\image_utils.php on line 180

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3872 bytes) in W:\www\4images\includes\image_utils.php on line 80

After this, I can not import images using checkimages.

The way I read it, there is a memory leak and a 32Mb area which have been exhausted. The only way I can make things work again is to reboot my machine.

Now I can live with rebooting my local PC every now and then during development (even if it's a bit inconvenient), but if this error is NOT caused by 4mobile, then it must be a leak in the core 4images, meaning that my server (I'm on a shared hosted plan) will also eventually encounter it. I suspect that my hosting supplier isn't going to be thrilled if I cause stability problems for the server.

Any ideas? Clues?

I'm using the PHP-5 version of 4Mobile. What other information should I provide?

Offline SunnyUK

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2008, 02:34:47 PM »
Right, my mistake for not understanding the error message. But rather than delete the cry for help, let me post the solution here so that if anyone else encounters the same problem they know what to do...

The images that 4images couldn't import were all very large (straight from camera without any re-sizing). This caused the script to use more memory than had been allocated to PHP. So by going into the PHP ini file and increase the amount of memory from 32 Mb to 64 Mb, the error went away:

1) right click on the 4images mobile icon in the task bar
2) select advanced / php configuration. This will open the php.ini file in edit mode
3) search for memory_limit = 32M (in a section called resource limits)
4) change the 32M to 64M and save the ini file
5) shut down mobile server and restart

If you are nervous about undertaking this without having a backup, the ini file is placed in a directory under 4mobile called server\diskw\usr\local\php - so it might be an idea to make a backup copy of the file before editing it. And actually if you bother making a backup, you might as well edit it directly while you're in the right directory.

Offline † manurom

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »
Right, my mistake for not understanding the error message. But rather than delete the cry for help, let me post the solution here so that if anyone else encounters the same problem they know what to do...

The images that 4images couldn't import were all very large (straight from camera without any re-sizing). This caused the script to use more memory than had been allocated to PHP. So by going into the PHP ini file and increase the amount of memory from 32 Mb to 64 Mb, the error went away:

1) right click on the 4images mobile icon in the task bar
2) select advanced / php configuration. This will open the php.ini file in edit mode
3) search for memory_limit = 32M (in a section called resource limits)
4) change the 32M to 64M and save the ini file
5) shut down mobile server and restart

If you are nervous about undertaking this without having a backup, the ini file is placed in a directory under 4mobile called server\diskw\usr\local\php - so it might be an idea to make a backup copy of the file before editing it. And actually if you bother making a backup, you might as well edit it directly while you're in the right directory.

Thanks, SunnyUK;
added to the TODO list.
Thanks to share your own experience!

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 01:37:47 AM »
About the "nono" sound, I will make the computer's sound return to 100% after the splash screen appears :oops:, or even delete any sound.

That actually was my point. No software should ever change any OS settings without asking for user permission or at least without letting user know about the changes (IMHO). In this particular case changing sound volume is absolutely not necessary, and I bet its not required by the module/command you use to play the sound ;)

Anyway, I little request if I may, an option to restart the server would be handy.

P.S.
There are two UniTray.exe in the package, is it necessary?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2008, 08:53:21 PM »
Strange, but I can't make error_log create logs.log file unless specify full path (error_log = "W:/usr/local/php/logs/logs.log")

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2008, 07:58:38 PM »
Hallo Jan-Lukas,

schade das es nicht funktioniert.
Ich hatte ja das selbe Problem, ich kriege es allerdings nicht auf die Reihe was da noch falsch war.

Sollte ich es herausfinden Melde ich mich noch mal.

gruss nobby

Hi Nobby,
Blöd, hab mir den PC neu eingerichtet, und hab es also noch mal unter Vista versucht, und es klappt  :lol:

Da es sich ja nun um einen Server auf meinem PC (USB Stick) handelt, würde es mich doch interessieren, wo man das einstellen kann, das man auch große Dateien in die Datenbank laden kann (Steht jetzt auf rund 10 MB) und glaube 600 sek.
müsste man doch verändern können, so das ich meine Bilder ohne Fremdprogramm reinbekomme ??

LG Harald
Danke Harald

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »
Hi Harald,

schön das es nun unter Vista klappt.

Verstehe ich nicht, was meinst Du mit großen Dateien.

Die brauchst Du doch nur in die Entsprechende Kategorie kopieren und einpflegen!

Oder krieg ich hier was durcheinander  :?:

nobby
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 08:30:40 PM by nobby »

Offline Jan-Lukas

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
Datenbank, oder geht das auch via Ordner hochzuladen ?
Sorry, bin da Neu drin, kenne das nur über PHPmyadmin (oder wie das heisst)
Danke Harald

Offline nobby

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »
Du kannst alles mache wie auf dem Server auch.

Selbst die Konfiguration von Apache und MySQL kannst Du ausführen, natürlich auch phpMyAdmin.

Die Datenbank für 4images wurde bei der Installation schon angelegt.

Kannst also loslegen. Ich benutze es um zu testen und das klappt hervorragend.

Offline bernjul

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »
I just tried to install Mobile Server (1.7.6) but get an error message: "w:\home\admin\WWW\redirect.html couldn't be found".  Mobile Server tries to install Drive "W", but fails. In Windows Explorer the "W" drive is shown, but it's empty and it is signed with a red questionmark and in the Disk Management Drive "W" doesn't appear at all, so it seems drive "W" can't be mounted.

I use Win XP Prof. SP3. Win XP firewall is deactivated. I also deactivated Kaspersky but without any success. I also tried to change the letters of the drive in the start.bat and the stop.bat, but it's the same effect. I guess any f***ing tool or Win XP update blocks the mounting of another drive? Got anybody an idea?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:20:29 PM by bernjul »