Author Topic: Req: More detailed who online list  (Read 72227 times)

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
Req: More detailed who online list
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:55:33 AM »
I've see it in some sites and this can be useful , if we have 2 who's online list , make the default on main page and another one in a new page with more info about users online:

Getting info from MOD's like (Member personal info,Gender/country,Age)...

make show rows with : Pic ($userpic)  + Username , Country ($user_country), Gender ($user_gender) and more options for who have added more info at profiles :)

this is possible ??

Cheers :)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: Req: More detailed who online list
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 02:18:39 PM »
Could you give a specific example on this ?

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »
here you've :)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 05:36:27 PM »
And what if the USERS_TABLE contains several hundreds of users within ?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 05:39:35 PM »
And what if the USERS_TABLE contains several hundreds of users within ?
they are talking about "who is online" page and not about "memberlist". Also, I see paging in the example, so even several hundreds online should not be a problem ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 07:23:53 PM »

they are talking about "who is online" page and not about "memberlist".

This has already been assumed. What I meant is that all users accounts are in the USERS_TABLE and each pictures would need to be loaded at the same time.

Also, I see paging in the example, so even several hundreds online should not be a problem

Indeed. I saw it as well but just don't know how to proceed with paging rather than beginning with the : $get_paging = new paging(); from includes/sessions.php file. ;)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 07:51:06 PM »

they are talking about "who is online" page and not about "memberlist".

This has already been assumed. What I meant is that all users accounts are in the USERS_TABLE and each pictures would need to be loaded at the same time.
Sorry, I dont understand your point..what is the problem with that? You dont need to load any pictures that are not supposed to be showed on the page...
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 08:46:55 PM »

Sorry, I dont understand your point..what is the problem with that? You dont need to load any pictures that are not supposed to be showed on the page...

No, of course not. Althought, what if several members are logged at the same already and the script has to load each pictures from these online users ? Wouldn't that use more ressources on the site ?

Since paging seems to be the solution, on how many pages could this be seperated (or globally configured from the configuration page - ' if ' this can also be done) ? ;)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 10:15:33 PM »
No, of course not. Althought, what if several members are logged at the same already and the script has to load each pictures from these online users ? Wouldn't that use more ressources on the site ?
Well, do you see more then one the same username on home page? - no, same here.

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 10:49:22 PM »
I meant several different users at the same time. Right now, it is currently under a dropdown list (at least, from the default package). Meaning, if each pictures needs to be selected with the user account to know who's online ... won't it take more time to load (also depending of the size of active user accounts) ? ;)

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 10:59:13 PM »
yes this ill work liek default list, more in new page more detailed, getting info from users profiles :) (avatar,gender,etc...) ...

yes about time to load, number of user, i understnadwhat u mean ... but i can't give exactly number, important ill be work :) so users can check and get info from users online list. :)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 11:31:37 PM »

but i can't give exactly number

Then perhaps you could state the max number of users ' per page ' you'd like to show ? ;)

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 11:49:28 PM »
yes :) same of pagging comments, make for example " 10 users " peer page  :mrgreen:

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 12:01:20 AM »
Very well. 10 users per page sounds good enough. If no one else posts this, then I think it is time for me to try out the $get_paging class since I have never made a MOD with it before. ;)

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 01:40:40 AM »
Very well. 10 users per page sounds good enough. If no one else posts this, then I think it is time for me to try out the $get_paging class since I have never made a MOD with it before. ;)

Perfect  :D

But this ill get info from users profiles (avatar {userpic} ; username, age, gender, country..etc ) ;) i hope u don't forget it  :D