4images Issues / Ausgaben > Discussion & Troubleshooting

Exclude Category from New Images

<< < (3/3)

mawenzi:
@ wbmaster73
... then use this ... http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=16348.msg92769#msg92769

webmaster73:

--- Quote from: mawenzi on August 09, 2007, 06:24:57 PM ---@ wbmaster73
... then use this ... http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=16348.msg92769#msg92769

--- End quote ---

thank you mawenzi, I really appreciate your effort.

I have tried the first method, and it works fine for me, so I am ok with that.

what honestly disturbs me a bit is to find that almost every single feature I would wish to see in 4images is already available in the form of a Mod.

hmmmm. I believe I am an average user of 4images. If almost every single one of my requests has already been made And answered in the form of a mod, why does not the coding team of 4images pull itself together and integrate those essential mods into the core of the script?

Guys, if frankly it is a funds question, then do as everyone did and does: sell your script at a reasonable price (may I suggest $30/domain) and provide better service......

Freeware has limits and I believe 4images has reached 'em.  now the script is well known, we could take it a step further...

NetRebel:

--- Quote from: mawenzi on January 29, 2007, 10:08:46 AM ---... in index.php find in //--- Show New Images ---- the following ...
--- End quote ---

Oh... if only everything in life was this easy! :wink: Thanks for this perfect, yet simple solution. It's exactly what I was looking for to exclude some "adult" content categories from being displayed on the frontpage. :-D

niad:
I didn't manage to exclude categories with the above solutions, so I did this:

In the Search.php
Find this:
AND c.cat_id = i.cat_id $cat_id_sql

and replace it with this:
AND c.cat_id = i.cat_id AND i.cat_id NOT IN (1,2,3)

where the 1,2,3 are the categories you want to exclude from the "new images" results.

This is a very easy solution and works great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version