Author Topic: Please help!!!  (Read 4905 times)

Offline zora

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Please help!!!
« on: January 02, 2006, 04:07:51 PM »
First of all - Happy New Year!!!
Now about my problem...Today I made changes to code to get script working on server with "safe mode on". Everythig was fine, I made directories in /data/thumbnails/1 and /data/media/1 chmod them 777 and uploaded few images sucsessfully. Then I deleted categories. Now I was trying to create new  categories, new categories was created ok but I got message:Mauvaise connexion FTPEssaye de se connecter a 193.108.185.185 for user
And finally I m not able too upload images anymore; message - Error uploading image file: DSC08709.JPG
DSC08709.JPG: Copy error. Please check the directory permissions.
No database entry!

I made new folders "1" chmod them 777, but problem still exists.
Can somebody hel me?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 06:23:42 PM »
Folder "1" was only an example, you'll need recreate all folders that you can find in data/media/ and data/thumbnails/
Every new category will create new folder in these directories, and the folder name will be the same as the category ID.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zora

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »
OOOh, that means, if new categories ID is 9, and I delete previous categories and folders in data/media etc..., the new folder i must define as 9..???

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »
Yes. Even if you delete a category, the ID of that category, to avoid confusion, will never be used in the future.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zora

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 09:52:50 AM »
Ok, thanks, now it works. I got in touch with server admin and they said, thet now safe mode is turned of. So now it could be possible to use original code (without changes) and script will create folder automaticly???

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 03:08:49 PM »
So now it could be possible to use original code (without changes) and script will create folder automaticly???
Yes, if permissions are correct ;)