Author Topic: updating from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6 while keeping the MODS  (Read 5303 times)

Offline eddyman1us

• View Profile
updating from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6 while keeping the MODS
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:08:01 AM »
HI , I had been using 4images for past 2 years and I must say I totally digg it and consider it the best opensource gallery management system, due to the fact that it customizable extensively and has great support (thanks to all the developers helping out in this forum)   :D
I had installed v1.7.4 released about 2 years ago and since then there had been some major changes to the new versions 1.7.5 and then eventually 1.7.6 which I consider are more stable , so I was quite interested in upgrading v.1.7.6 the only thing holding me back is I HAD installed several MODs like :
-short urls
-custom title tags

and some others that cant even recall as I lost some hard disk and lost the logs of the mods installed

SO without making this post long , I wanted to know is there any possible method or suggestion with which I can upgrade to 1.7.6 while keeping and maintaining my installed MODs .

Offline __G__

• View Profile
Re: updating from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6 while keeping the MODS
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 05:25:27 AM »
i have the same question and i have over 20+ mods installed :( and i wanna upgrade to 1.7.6 too while keeping all my mods at the same time :( plz admins help us

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 05:47:38 AM »
There are no software that doesn't use automatic mod installers or modules, such as 4images, can be upgraded without loosing any modifications. So, sorry, you'll have to reinstall the mods after upgrade. :(
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline __G__

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »
Well i will then just keep 4images 1.7.4 as long u guys keep me updated with patches and stuff :D that's all i am sure u guys will do that :P

Offline Kurman

• View Profile
    • www.kurman.ru
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »
Well i will then just keep 4images 1.7.4 as long u guys keep me updated with patches and stuff :D that's all i am sure u guys will do that :P
Or, you should take a look on files, wich was changed in upgraded version, and do the same changes in your 4images yourself.
You have to compare original files of your version, and the upgraded, to which you want to update your 4images. (there are many utilities to compare exmpl - araxismerge)

Am I right guys? Usually, there are not many changes in updated versions. database not changes at all, only files, some of them It will be easiyer, than reinstall 20 MODs  8)
4images running as a music portal http://music.kurman.ru/