Author Topic: Search is throwing up many error codes!  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Anarchology

• I LULZ too much!
    • View Profile
    • Tainted Pix
Search is throwing up many error codes!
« on: January 19, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »
I'm not sure which of the MODs I installed may have caused this, but I'm starting to look towards the SMF forum integration MOD. I have also had a DB error, but I can tell that is regarding SMF forums, and I will probably have to ask the techs on their support forum for help.

Here is my site (warning: some adult content)... http://taintedpix.com

I kind of figure that there are many problems with my function.php file I need to address. Hopefully, someone on here can give me a helping hand. When I try to use the search, I get all of these errors...  8O

Code: [Select]
Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 555

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 562

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 562

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 570

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 594

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 601

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 601

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 609

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 555

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 570

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 594

Notice: Undefined variable: voted in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 609

I copied and pasted my functions.php file to text file, and have that uploaded below.
A personal THANK YOU to all of the great programmers on this site for helping me get my site from something basic to what it is today!

My site: http://taintedpix.com
(warning: some adult content)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Search is throwing up many error codes!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:01:16 AM »
[Mod] Ajax Starrating for details + thumbs

Apparently you've modified the MOD's code - that's what causing errors.

Remove // in:
//$voted=mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT image_used_ips FROM ".IMAGES_TABLE." WHERE image_used_ips LIKE '%".$ip."%' AND image_id='".$image_id."' "));
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Anarchology

• I LULZ too much!
    • View Profile
    • Tainted Pix
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 09:44:17 AM »
[Mod] Ajax Starrating for details + thumbs

Apparently you've modified the MOD's code - that's what causing errors.

Remove // in:
//$voted=mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT image_used_ips FROM ".IMAGES_TABLE." WHERE image_used_ips LIKE '%".$ip."%' AND image_id='".$image_id."' "));

Yeah, I did that as a way to get rid of the multiple errors I was getting from that certain code without the "//" ignore. Looks like it came to bite me in the butt either way, and I'm trying to find a way around it. When I remove the "//" from that string, I get the following error codes...

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 524

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sayyo1/public_html/taintedpix/includes/functions.php on line 524

I'm just so confused at this point on how to properly correct this issue. Coding php and html is one thing, but I am completely oblivious when it comes to even messing with MySQL, if that is what I need to do.

Also... is there some way to have have error codes display at the BOTTOM of the screen rather than the top????? I would love to have this so my members don't see 10 lines of errors before they even see any content.

Thanks in advance! You guys are extremely helpful!!!! :thumbup:
A personal THANK YOU to all of the great programmers on this site for helping me get my site from something basic to what it is today!

My site: http://taintedpix.com
(warning: some adult content)

Offline AntiNSA2

• As long as I can finish my site before I die.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelifephotography.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 11:39:13 PM »
Reply to the SMF mod thats where the problem is I am having the same one... you started another thread and with mine on the issue in the sms thread there are now three threads about it....... its easier if we all look in the smf thread and hope for an answer
As long as I can finish my site before I die.