Author Topic: All Downloaded Files are Empty  (Read 18326 times)

Offline bluefrogj

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
All Downloaded Files are Empty
« on: January 02, 2010, 05:57:39 PM »
I've searched the forum and did not find the answer to this question.  If I missed the answer, please point me to the right thread.  I apologize for any unintentional duplication.

I installed 4images last night.  I've modified it to look how I want and started uploading images and such.  While it looks great, every uploaded file does not download properly.  Each file downloads as an empty, 0kb file.  I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong.

Guidance and help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.

xxx: xxx: notexactlybentoxxx: /prints/ - My 4images gallery.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: All Downloaded Files are Empty
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
Welcome to 4images forum.

What kind of download you are talking about? ZIP or normal?
Is it really 0kb or there is something in there if you open it with a notepad?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bluefrogj

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »
This is what was happening:
Both zip and normal downloads give a 0kb file.  I've tried opening the files with graphics software (Photoshop Elements) for .jpgs software and compression software (PeaZip) for the .zip files).  All files show nothing "in" the file.  Files list as 0kb once downloaded.

After some experimentation, I figured out that uploading a file and downloading that file works for .jpg and .pdf.
Uploading a file and pointing to a specific URL was giving me the program.  I stopped using the full path to the file (xxx: mysitexxx: /folder/etc) and used the internal path (/folder/folder/filename.jpg) and it worked.

Zip files are now downloading and showing 256 KB (for example) instead of 0 KB, but they still show there is nothing in the file.  I'm not sure why that is.

Thank you for any further guiddance.  I appreciate the help.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 02:07:40 AM »
That's why I specifically mentioned notepad (text editor), not picture viewer software...
Also, I'm now confused with you saying "stopped using the full path to the file"...where did you use it in the first place? Are you using "remote image" field when adding images?
Please, if you can, create a temporary category were guests can download images, it might speedup the troubleshooting process ;)
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline A.Mason

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
Sorry for my english.
I have similar problem.

When i download photo i have broken files.
If i go to the direct link to image, all its OK.

http://www.fotoblog.mason.org.pl/details.php?image_id=5
To download file use button "Pobierz obrazek" under photo.
Direct link: http://www.fotoblog.mason.org.pl/data/media/7/DSCF3989new1small.jpg

Replace "download.php" does nothing.

Rembrandt

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 09:34:15 PM »
Hi!
...When i download photo i have broken files.
it works for me, FF and IE

mfg Andi

Offline A.Mason

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
Did You try open downloaded file? The size after download its ok, but when you open this file, you get an error.

Rembrandt

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »
... but when you open this file, you get an error.
no,  it work properly...

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »
Actually the downloaded files is 3 bytes bigger.
The problem is that at least one of the .php files you've edited was saved in UTF8 encoding with BOM (if you open image in HEX editor, you'll find 3 extra bytes at the beginning EF BB BF)
Refer to our UNICODE / UTF8 / UTF16 related topic for more information and what to do about it.

Offline A.Mason

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »
Thx!!! It's it.

Offline crystalclear

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »
Hey guys.
I have the same problem here.

All normal downloaded files are empty (zip has errors, if you click on it).

Code: [Select]
Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Zugriff via http:// ist in Verbindung mit bplaced pro gegeben. Mehr Infos unter: http://www.bplaced.net/?handler=ext in /users/hgfx/www/4images/download.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /users/hgfx/www/4images/download.php:239) in /users/hgfx/www/4images/includes/zip.php on line 204

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /users/hgfx/www/4images/download.php:239) in /users/hgfx/www/4images/includes/zip.php on line 207

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /users/hgfx/www/4images/download.php:239) in /users/hgfx/www/4images/includes/zip.php on line 212

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /users/hgfx/www/4images/download.php:239) in /users/hgfx/www/4images/includes/zip.php on line 217
PK

Have the actual version and don't installed any mods.

For a test just see my profile the My 4images gallery link.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:33:03 AM by crystalclear »