Author Topic: redirect user to a login screen if was trying access PRIVATE page?  (Read 5912 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
if I send a link pointing to my private page then not logged in user will redirect to /home/ page. and after he logged in, he stays in /home/ page and have to click again on my link or search manualy.
how can I redirect him to login page or warn that this page private and he needs login. and after login go to that page?
or even now if u surf on the gallery, looking pictures and then do login u'll go back to /home/ page. can this be fixed?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Custom enhancement
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 06:30:57 PM »
if I send a link pointing to my private page then not logged in user will redirect to /home/ page. and after he logged in, he stays in /home/ page and have to click again on my link or search manualy.

There's really nothing broken with 4images so asking for it to be "fixed" isn't fair to Jan or Nicky.  In my estimation, what your asking 4images to do requires custom php programming beyond what the current version was designed to do.  Chalk this one up as an enhancement request to be considered for a future release.

or even now if u surf on the gallery, looking pictures and then do login u'll go back to /home/ page

This doesn't happen for me in version 1.7
If the user is looking at a details page and then logs in, they stay on that details page.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
redirect user to a login screen if was trying access PRIVATE
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 04:03:47 AM »
If the user is looking at a details page and then logs in, they stay on that details page.

strange, I get redirect to /home/...
did I do something wrong?
can it be my IE6 settings to refresh cash every time visit a page?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
redirect user to a login screen if was trying access PRIVATE
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 07:52:09 AM »
Quote from: V@no

strange, I get redirect to /home/...
did I do something wrong?
can it be my IE6 settings to refresh cash every time visit a page?

that was because of my Norton Internet Security with private control turned on...(with blocking referal sites)

I almost successfuly fixed the code, that redirects visitor to "error" page, and after loggin in it automaticaly, if enough permission, shows the page visitor tryed to see.
ex:
http://come.no-ip.com/details.php?image_id=7525
(after loggin in it will show u the picture)
but I cant figure out how to make my "link=" tag stays after clicking on registration link...that way I could make it fully working...