Author Topic: continued development?  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Deepu Sudhakar

• View Profile
    • http://deepu.cyanosis.net
continued development?
« on: December 16, 2002, 08:44:12 PM »
im just curious as to whether or not development has started on the next version of 4images. i havent seen any news about 1.8...so i assume no. correct me if im wrong.

i do have some feature requests for future versions though...
1) modified skinning engine. the current engine parses html templates for each page. the problem is that a lot of elements are redundant and have to be redone for each page. perhaps it is better to chop up the most used parts, and put that in its own template. a wrapper could be used to define the layout of each part. invision board makes good use of this concept.

2) a page dedicated to the last added comments. this page owuld go along with the 'top images' and 'new images'. its like 'new comments'.

3) the current template set is really awkward. for beginners it is hard to customize. the main problem with it is the fixed widths. this should really be percentage widths that can adapt to any resolution.

anyhoo...thats all i can think of at the moment.

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Stay tuned
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 09:10:56 PM »
As with any great software product, I think it's safe to assume that new development never stops and is currently in the works.   :wink:

As far as your suggestions go, I can only say that I know the 4images author(s) are well aware of the limitations in the current template system.   :wink:  :wink: