Author Topic: Adding a Link section?  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Vhaeos

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Adding a Link section?
« on: February 03, 2006, 04:38:08 AM »
I'm sure this is entirely simple, but, I know nothing of coding. I'd like to add a link section, so that I can post links to other sites, etc. However, I'm not sure on how I would go about it. I know how to create a simple page containing the links, what I don't know how to do is make it still look like the site. (If that makes sense.) I'd also like to learn how to add a link to the link section of the site over in the 'user panel' type thing. The part of the site that has "Lightbox," and "Control Panel."

I'm sure this has been covered before, and am terribly sorry for making another topic. I tried searching for it a bit, but, not knowing what to even search for didn't help much. Hopefully you all don't get these topics all the time, and if you do, again, I apoligize.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Adding a Link section?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:43:18 AM »
FAQ:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=4996.0

and for the "user box" part you will need edit user_logininfo.php and user_loginform.html templates
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Vhaeos

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a Link section?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 05:57:14 AM »
Wow, thanks. I can't believe how simple that was.

Seriously though, thanks.