Author Topic: 4images crashing php.exe In apache log.  (Read 8874 times)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
4images crashing php.exe In apache log.
« on: April 21, 2005, 01:17:40 AM »
I was updating the website and everything was going good.. i was in the middle of adding pics with the check new images mod and got about half way through and picture started coming up with an X. Looked on server and the PHP Interperter is crashing. looked in Apache log and found some errors that have never happened before.. I have not edited nothing in between.. just all of sudden these errors..  i did do a search for Premature, script errors and found 0.  oh and it only happens when i try to add pics using that check new images.. the page itself seems to work fine.. i did look in checkimages.php.. but im just a novice. all looked fine..
I run other php sites and there working fine also..  the error is listed below..

[Wed Apr 20 17:41:17 2005] [error] [client Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah] Premature end of script headers: php.exe, referer: http://Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah/dartezpix/admin/checkimages.php
[Wed Apr 20 17:41:42 2005] [error] [client Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah] Premature end of script headers: php.exe, referer: http://Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah/dartezpix/admin/checkimages.php
[Wed Apr 20 17:42:40 2005] [error] [client Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah] Premature end of script headers: php.exe, referer: http://Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah/dartezpix/admin/checkimages.php
[Wed Apr 20 17:45:29 2005] [error] [client Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah] Premature end of script headers: php.exe, referer: http://Blah.Blah.Blah.Blah/dartezpix/admin/checkimages.php
its not giving an error line. i know or from what v@no told me before or i read somewhere that a space at the end ?> will cause.. but looks good.. any ideas.. if you want me to post the checkimages.php let me know

P.S. the last time i updated checkimages.php was ack in december and all was fine till now..

Thanks,
Dartez

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: 4images crashing php.exe In apache log.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 01:35:04 AM »
there are many of reasons this could happend...(especialy when it comes to windows systems :?)
1) memory limit is too low in php.ini
2) uploaded files are too big and php can not load them into memory properly (very common problem on windows systems and I could not find any sollution in my past reserches)
3) php could crash on some type of files, for example in my experience it crashed on .swf files
4) http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ-F.html#premature-script-headers
5) after reading that post (and asuming your are using my modifyed version of checkimages.php) there could be problem in the script, because I did use flush() function in the script...
try remove all lines that have flush() and ob_flush() see if helps.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 01:54:31 AM »
there are many of reasons this could happend...(especialy when it comes to windows systems :?)
1) memory limit is too low in php.ini
2) uploaded files are too big and php can not load them into memory properly (very common problem on windows systems and I could not find any sollution in my past reserches)
3) php could crash on some type of files, for example in my experience it crashed on .swf files
4) http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ-F.html#premature-script-headers
5) after reading that post (and asuming your are using my modifyed version of checkimages.php) there could be problem in the script, because I did use flush() function in the script...
try remove all lines that have flush() and ob_flush() see if helps.

Ok thanks Vano.. will try to see.. also.. the pics im adding are small .jpg's biggest one is 274KB. so dont know.. i have noticed that it happens on on some of them.. could there be something embedded in the pics that would do that.. ?.. gonna try removing the ones that it happens on then go from there.. weird though.. let you know..
will also try what you said.. the flush i suppose since you suggested it will not hurt the script.. .. thanks..

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 02:13:15 AM »
2 pics that was causing it.. why didnt i think of that before  :oops:.. out of 45 pics 2 of them was crashing it.. now why.. is the next question :?: :? .. is it something that is embeded in it that could of done that? file name? (Cat Sniper.jpg) .. dunno.. but sorry to of wasted your time V@no.. ill look in to those pics to see whats up.. unless you know already  :lol:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »
perhaps a space in the filename?
I wouldnt mind try that picture on my site ;)
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 03:29:41 AM »
perhaps a space in the filename?
I wouldnt mind try that picture on my site ;)
Ok.. i uploaded.. it worked.. the other one.. Cat Pose.jpg didnt go.. said to small... didnt realize that it was 169x127.. ok.. that makes since on that one.. but not the other one.. .. dunno.. you have to validate it.. take a look..

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 03:46:15 AM »
that image seems to be corrupted...

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 04:07:13 AM »
that image seems to be corrupted...
the one i uploaded to yours.. it looked like it went..

well i had a bmp of it and converted to jpg and then tryed to upload it.. and it worked.. just wish i would of done all this before.. just cought me off guard..

Thanks..

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 04:23:08 AM »
it did, but it couldnt create thumbnail and add watermark to it...basicaly GD couldnt handle that image in any way...

Offline police22

• View Profile
    • The Dartez Page
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 04:30:21 AM »
it did, but it couldnt create thumbnail and add watermark to it...basicaly GD couldnt handle that image in any way...

Ah.. ok.. make since.. gonna try the one i redid ... ok..