Author Topic: Lightbox check/uncheck without Refreshing page . . .  (Read 3330 times)

Offline HelpMeNow

• View Profile
Lightbox check/uncheck without Refreshing page . . .
« on: April 12, 2003, 10:46:14 PM »
I'm using 4images for some heavy files that are kind of a pain when they have to refresh for "lightbox" check/uncheck.

Do you think that someone could write it in a way that checking/uncheckig the lightbox can be accomplished without it having to refresh the page?

Who can take this challenge into hand and come up with a brilliant MOD/PLUGIN.

Jan would you please concider this if you may.

Thank you in advance.

p.s. I love this script so much, i've been telling everyone about it! Again, thank you for such a wonderful job and software. I personally trully appreciate all the work that has gone into this great software. Thank you again.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Lightbox check/uncheck without Refreshing page . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 01:55:47 AM »
I'm not expert, but I think that's impossible, because how 4image will know that u add/deleted an image? php is server-side scripting, javascript - is client side, PHP has no idea what Javascript does and opposite.
yes, u can easily make a JavaScript that will change button from checked to unchecked, but it wont actual add/delete picture untill u execute the php file. (ofcource unless u use some <iframe> just to print the button..so it wont refresh whole page, but only that <iframe>
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)