Author Topic: When installing I get a 404  (Read 2974 times)

Offline V12kid

• View Profile
When installing I get a 404
« on: April 11, 2003, 07:52:23 PM »
I just uploaded the 4images folder via ftp and when I point my browser to the www.hideinmy.com/4images/install.php I get a 404 error.

Im sorry but the install instructions are very poor and are not complete. This might be becuase of the languauge diffucluties in the translation but what am I missing?

The instruction say this:
"Decompress the .zip archive to a local directory on your system and FTP all
     the files it contains (being sure to retain the directory structure) to your host.
     Once all the files have been uploaded to your site you should point your browser
     at this location."

Where do I point it? it is not clear to wat file so I assumed it is install.php

Maybe someone can help me clarify this?

regards

matt

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
When installing I get a 404
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 09:06:58 PM »
first off all, it seems that /4images/ directory doesnt exist on your server at all...
second, in the installation guide doesnt says what file to start, because it doesnt metter! if 4images was not installed properly, and u trying start any files in it dir, it will redirect u to the install.php by itself.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)