Author Topic: Problems with Auto-Thumbnailer & Resizer  (Read 6665 times)

Offline PaulC2K

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://qazwert.com
Problems with Auto-Thumbnailer & Resizer
« on: April 05, 2003, 07:14:08 PM »
Hi,

Firstly, i've searched for a solution to this problem, and found nothing of any use, so thats why im posting this.

I've installed the gallery, and modified the style to suit the site itself, the problem is that the Auto-thumbnail and Resizer doesn't see any of the files.

It definatly doesnt do the auto-thumb itself through admin or registered user, and its not doing it manually either.

The page appears which is different to some complaints, so thats not the problem.
I tell it to check for 10 missing thumbnails, it comes back with:
"No entries found."

This is the same message i receive in 2 identical galleries, (on the same host, but different servers)

I've set only jpg as the accepted files, i've done this for testing purposes not for its intended use.

So whats going on?? I had it working about 2 months ago when i first installed it, but i've come back to use it now, and after all the work, this one problem is stopping it from opening properly :(

Any Ideas?

PaulC2K

Offline PaulC2K

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 08:13:01 PM »
Also, i've recently set the max image size to 500x500
Someone has uploaded a 1150x900 image, and its sat on my "New Image's" list taking up the whole screen, and surrounded by tiny images!

Why is this not working either??
Its supposed to have blocked this from happening isnt it? Was it supposed to have resized the image, but as its failing somehow, its still showing the huge version??

Thanks

PaulC2K

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 08:16:51 PM »
I was gonna say "whoa! its a largest thumbnail I ever seen! :lol:"
what do u use for auto thumbnails?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline PaulC2K

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 08:27:55 PM »
The image magik address:
/usr/X11R6/bin/convert

Auto-thumbnail turned on (its now doing this as long as its in the main area, and not in the admin section)

Thumbnail - 200x200
Image - 600-600

As i say, the thumbnail may be working, i'll have to test it a bit more.
As for the Auto-resize, its not doing a thing, i have to manually activate this.

Is that correct?? Is it there to re-size image before accepting them onto the site?? If i create on as an admin, i'd have to manually activate this then?

Also, how come things done in the admin area are completely ignored by these 2 functions?? Auto Thumbnail & Re-size, they dont see these images

PaulC2K

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 08:52:01 PM »
there is a mod that resizes images when they are uploaded by users.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline PaulC2K

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2003, 08:55:11 PM »
ok, a little strange, but here we go...

I've uploaded a file from my server, and that went on, but DIDNT thumbnail
and i've uploaded images from my HD, and that DID thumbnail!!

What's the difference??
I'll happily remove the URL section if thats the cause of all this trouble, but part of me wonders, well why should I?? Its not meant to be doing this, yet it is.

Im baffled with it to be honest!! I've re-uploaded all the files onto the site about 2 hours ago incase there was a problem with it (it was playing up yesterday and some files went up blank)

Heeeeelp!
Im now downloading 10+ images so that i can upload them from my HD so that i can have thumbnails with the pic!!

PaulC2K

edit - Oh and i still cant thumbnail it via admin to solve that side of the problem

Offline PaulC2K

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 02:34:51 AM »
Can someone please tell me if this is normal???

I can upload 1 image, and have it automatically create the thumbnail using ImageMagik, and it works faultlessly
But when i use a URL for the upload, it doesnt want to create a thumbnail for it, and it also doesnt see it in the admin area when i tell it to search.

The Admin search for both 'Auto' toys dont see the URL connected files, why is this?

Is this normal? Have i got a problem?
Whats going on??

Please help me, or tell me that its not a problem, its normal for it to do this.

PaulC2K

Also, on a seperate note, the forum times are behind by an hour, GMT is currently 01:34, I definatly remember losing an hours sleep!! :(

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 02:59:31 AM »
that's actualy normal.
see, PHP can not just pull an image from the web and manupulate it. (unless it was "read" and then saved localy).

Offline PaulC2K

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2003, 03:18:40 AM »
Thanks,

ok, so its not something that can be worked around

You mention in your last post, that theres a Mod which can re-size when its uploaded.

I'll hunt that down and see how complicated it is (they never work for me!!)

Is there something similar that can take the image from a URL and store it onto the database, basically using the URL address like it does the HD based address??

PaulC2K