Author Topic: Is it possible to show image at a smaller size than is postd  (Read 11010 times)

Offline seastorm42

• View Profile
    • http://www.seastorm42.com/photography
Meaning I'd like to show the image on the screen at 450x600 but the download size be 900x1200 ??  I've seen this on other setups and wondered if we could do this here?

Some of the photos I've put in my gallery would be great to keep at original size, but I don't particularly want to view them at that size online, but have the big size avail for download...

just wondering...

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Is it possible to show image at a smaller size than is postd
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2002, 09:07:45 PM »
Image-Cafe, u just read my mind! I was gonna ask simular question:
I'd like make an option from user side, where they can chose from look pics with size they want: 640x480,800x640,1024x800,1600x1024 and original,  or 25%, 50%, 75% and original.
I've seen that in other image managers, where user can sellect from drop down menu what size of images he want to look.
it would be nice that script would resize image when it asked by user and saved it to "/data/resized/filename(size).extention" and by clicking on the image it would shows the original.
admin could sellect what sizes and compression level, choose what default size...
well, that's just ideas I'd like to see in future versions.

P.S. guys, this is best images manager script I've ever seen!
great job!!!
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bag53

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 09:18:57 AM »
you can already show one size online and have a different size available for download. Let's say your online image is 450 px wide and you want people to download the original file is 1600 px wide.

In the image edit screen there is a download url text box. Put in the url of the original sized file here and everytime someone dowloads this image they will get the big file.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 12:59:31 AM »
Quote from: bag53
you can already show one size online and have a different size available for download. Let's say your online image is 450 px wide and you want people to download the original file is 1600 px wide.

In the image edit screen there is a download url text box. Put in the url of the original sized file here and everytime someone dowloads this image they will get the big file.

yeah, right, but that's kind of...pain...
then, if someone upload an image, then what url he gonna put for original? all this admin have to do?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline bag53

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 07:28:07 AM »
yes, it is a pain that admin's have to do all the work. unless you want you give your contributors FTP access (umm, no.) i haven't had anyone upload pics to my site so i haven't had too much problems with that aspect.

it is a cool feature for wallpapers and such. who would want to display a 1600x1200 file in their website?

Offline Vraxor

• View Profile
    • http://tc-revolution.net
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 03:10:59 PM »
hmm, yeah, I could use this option too if it was only availeble.

I mean, on my site it would be best if images were shown no bigger then 640x480. But I would like the script to do the work.

So when a user uploads an image of 1024x768 the script will rezise the image back to 640x480 and save the original and the rezised version plus the tumbail seperatly.

After that under each image the options to open images at different sizes should apear, like 800x600 - 1024x768 and so on till the original size.

Those images should be opened in a new window without any site template around them, just for users to view bigger then normal.

This is just some brainstorm activity from me and I hope that it is useful to someone with a little more php knownledge then me.

I will start studying the script in the next couple of months and when I feel capable of writing some php myself I might start working on some extra functions like this one.

Cheers,
Vraxor

Offline GUY

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
When will it be available?
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 07:20:32 AM »
If there is such a MOD, it will definitely be useful. Anybody got ideas when it will be available? Or will be released in the new version?

Offline Ernesto Taseffa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 02:06:52 PM »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 01:47:02 AM by Ernesto Taseffa »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 11:51:54 PM »
Quote from: seffern
....are there any news regarding this suggestion?

Dirk

yes, there is a mod that let users download different images size.