Author Topic: My Additional User Fields are NOT working!!!! Help me PLEASE!!!!  (Read 6060 times)

Offline mrlag02

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I am new to PHP and new to 4Images. But I am learning alot. I have a photogallery where I wanted to add additional fields to the user profile. When the user registers, I guess they would fill in the information just like they enter their info for the email and hompage and all that, which are all editable in the "My Profile" section.  I added the necessary field names (columns) to my phpadmin database. Then I added the coding in the main.php in the language/english folder as well as the templates (profile.html, editprofile.html). Basically I tried to add the coding to match the other existting fields in the templates. So wherever I saw the coding for "user_name" and "user_homepage" I would copy the exact format and change the the field_names to my new ones. I thought I was doing it right, but I guess now. The fields don't show up in the profiles of the 2 users that I set up for testing. My registration doesn't work any more, and My Login doesn't work.

This is the error message that I keep getting:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/lang/english/main.php:389) in /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/includes/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/lang/english/main.php:389) in /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/includes/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/lang/english/main.php:389) in /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/includes/sessions.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/lang/english/main.php:389) in /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/includes/sessions.php on line 105

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: My Additional User Fields are NOT working!!!! Help me PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
all this (including the header error messages) is covered in the FAQ.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mrlag02

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 08:07:06 AM »
Well I got the fiels to show up and everything. But when I try to create a New User or try to Rgister as a New User, after filling out all the information, I get this error message:

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT FROM 4images_users WHERE = 'msdebzz@yahoo.com'
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM 4images_users WHERE = 'msdebzz@yahoo.com

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/fevarad/public_html/fevamodels/includes/db_mysql.php on line 171

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: INSERT INTO 4images_users (user_id, user_level, user_name, user_password, user_showemail, user_allowemails, user_invisible, user_joindate, user_activationkey, user_lastaction, user_lastvisit, user_comments, user_homepage, user_icq) VALUES (4, 1, 'Rhea', '31184dd159ea8756780e031f3cf59cee', 'msdebzz@yahoo.com', 1, 1, 0, 1113026724, 'b83a623dcb17b7a9c4ca449eda2c17b8', 1113026724, 1113026724, 0, '', '')
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

i have been working on this thing for like a whole week, and I think I am now stuck. Am I forgetting something??Any info is appreciated greatly! Thanks.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 08:30:24 AM »
it looks to me that u are using get_user_table_field() function for your new fields.
if so, that is the problem, dont use it for the new fields.

[edit]
actualy I think u've changed something regarding user_email field? :|
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mrlag02

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 09:18:17 PM »
I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT, BUT WHERE WOULD I MAKE THAT CHANGE TO MESS UP MY REGISTRATION PROCESS? WOULD IT BE IN MYSQL OR IN ONE OF THE .PHP FILES?? PLEASE HELPPP!! I'M HURTING HERE!

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 10:32:49 PM »
I guess in register.php

Offline mrlag02

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 03:14:51 AM »
Well, it's finally working. I just re-installed the whole thing undera different name and replaced my templates folder and includes folder to see where the actual problem was. It seemed to be somewhere in the includes folder. Thanks alot for your help. You were at least able to point me in the right direction. If I want users to be directed to Paypal to make a payment before registration, is there a certain code I have to put in for that? I plan on buying the license for this soon, but I want to  make sure it can work exactly the way I would like it to. So far it is the best one out of a few programs that I have tried. Thanks for your help.