Author Topic: Requesting Review  (Read 9501 times)

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
Requesting Review
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »
Hi Everyone

Introducing yet another “Desktop Wallpapers” site based on 4Images.
I have installed quite a few Mods present here. I haven’t made so many changes with the default layout. But still it’s working for me.
I don’t know much about html & php so basically what ever I have done is based on hit & try.
So it’s a small effort of mine in world of WWW  :D

Here is the URL (Just a month old)
BestofWallpapers.Com

Using this forum I will like to thank everyone how helped me. Especially
IcEcReaM , Maxpaul ,  Mawenzi ,  TheOracle
How can I forget V@no, who helped me more than anyone. Thanks V@no, I wouldn't be able to do this without U.

I m finally getting the sense that I am almost done with my site. (Until I get next semester break)
So I will like to hear what you think about my site.

Your comments & suggestions are more than welcome.  :)
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
Re: Requesting Review
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »
I really like it.

BUT
  • The logo should not bouce all the time (and make it clickable)
  • The menu is not something I like that much (would be nicer if it was part of the design instead of floating around)
  • Wallpapers should be bigger then 1024X768. Not many are using that resolution anymore (min. 1200x...)
All in all I'll give it 7 out of 10 stars :)

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:23:12 AM »
I really like it.

BUT
  • The logo should not bouce all the time (and make it clickable)
  • The menu is not something I like that much (would be nicer if it was part of the design instead of floating around)
  • Wallpapers should be bigger then 1024X768. Not many are using that resolution anymore (min. 1200x...)
All in all I'll give it 7 out of 10 stars :)

Thanks for the comments. 

1) My knowledge of flash is just nil. The logo was made by one of my friend and I don’t have a better option for it right now. But I will try to follow your point.
2) I don’t actually need that menu. I am going to remove it soon. The default menu is enough for me (I think so).
3)  Surely this is my plane as well. But till now I can’t find how to provide more than 1 download link to users for the same image.

I mean how I can provide different resolution images (I will go for at least 3 if possible)
I have few ideas and I will try to do it in my next vacations :)
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 02:47:55 PM »
3) Surely this is my plane as well. But till now I can’t find how to provide more than 1 download link to users for the same image.

I mean how I can provide different resolution images (I will go for at least 3 if possible)
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=1861.0
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »
Thinks V@no

I have tried it once before but it didn’t work for me. So I leave that for later times. ( I am not having that much time right now due to studies.)

I am currently using this mod Alternate directory for download files  so I need to combine them.
I am just waiting for some time to do a lot of changes.  :D

Thanks for pointing it out.
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 12:25:19 AM »
I like the design, great work ;)

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
All New BestofWallpapers.Com
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 08:20:56 PM »
Hi guys

I was working on the site for the past one & half moth. Finally, today I have updated my whole layout of the site. Please have a look and let me if you see any improvements.

I am using Maxpaul's template set Next generation template "Wallpaper" with some modifications.

While this might not be the most intuitive or attractive design at first glance, as compared to all other wallpaper websites. This time I decided not to go with a flash logo. Along with layout & design improvements, I have also added few new features for the members. So you have to register to see them in action 

Here is the link
BestofWallpapers.Com

Any thoughts, criticisms, reviews of this website will be highly appreciated.
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline Nicky

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 11:01:30 PM »
ohhhhha

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT cat_id, COUNT(image_id) AS new_images FROM 4images_images WHERE image_active = 1 AND image_date >= 1156885091 GROUP BY cat_id
User 'bestofth_wallpu' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)
cheers
Nicky
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! (© by V@no)
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

nicky.net 4 4images
Signature stolen from mawenzi

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »
ohhhhha

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT cat_id, COUNT(image_id) AS new_images FROM 4images_images WHERE image_active = 1 AND image_date >= 1156885091 GROUP BY cat_id
User 'bestofth_wallpu' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

Unfortunately, I am getting trouble with the number of queries settings from my server.  :cry:
My gallery is executing 50,000 queries per hour even being a normal site. (Without that much users)
I am envisaging the issue here, if you could help me solving this issue. Please have a look in the thread

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=13601.0
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.