4images Modifications / Modifikationen > Mods & Plugins (Releases & Support)

[MOD] Bridge: 4images 1.7.7 - phpBB 3.0.5+

<< < (3/26) > >>

dorin:

--- Quote from: denisnovikov on October 25, 2009, 03:56:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: wingnut on October 25, 2009, 03:52:34 PM ---I turned on error reporting and got nothing...just a blank page. Nothing in error log either.

I just did ftp up your complete package of modded and non-modded files and edited config.php with my info. Still just a blank page. If I turn off PHPBB3_BRIDGE in config.php, then 4images works as expected.

--- End quote ---

Hit me up via PM with details I'll look by myself.

--- End quote ---

I have the same type of error. You found the cause of this error? If so, can it be publicly exposed? Thanks!

denisnovikov:

--- Quote from: dorin on November 09, 2009, 08:51:03 PM ---I have the same type of error. You found the cause of this error? If so, can it be publicly exposed? Thanks!

--- End quote ---
wignut, had a problems with additional bridge he was using integration mod between Joomla and phpBB. If you refer to the first post you will see the update in it about this issue.

--- Quote from: WWTNET on October 30, 2009, 09:52:36 PM ---1. does it work with 1.7.6 ?

--- End quote ---
It should work, however I recommend you update to 1.7.7 as it includes some important fixes and updates.

--- Quote from: WWTNET on October 30, 2009, 09:52:36 PM ---2. you say it does login from the phpbb database... how does it works ? if user is connected to the gallery page and he tries to login, hitting login button will call a file from the phpscript? or he has to first access the forum sistem and them do login ?

--- End quote ---
After user click on the button 'Login' he will be forwarded to the phpBB login page and will be logged in by phpBB application using data user inputed into the form on the gallery page.

--- Quote from: WWTNET on October 30, 2009, 09:52:36 PM ---3. is it possible to use 4images DB for login? after logout to be redirected to gallery page?

--- End quote ---
4images will use it's own database and tables for everything it was using it before.

--- Quote from: WWTNET on October 30, 2009, 09:52:36 PM ---4. what about existing users ? are they lost ?

--- End quote ---
No they will not in both applications. Existing users into phpBB application will be able to login to both application after mod installation. 4images will not be able to login into any of applications. I have in my task list create a user export from 4images to phpBB, but can't give you any estimate at the moment. And of course do backups before playing with not only this one mod but any modifications you do with any application.

--- Quote from: WWTNET on October 30, 2009, 09:52:36 PM ---5. both sistems share the same session ?

--- End quote ---
Yes.

--- Quote from: WWTNET on October 30, 2009, 09:52:36 PM ---6. what about for registration ? calling the registration form from gallery or forum is the same ?

--- End quote ---
Registration link from 4images leads to the phpBB registration page.

dorin:
I made a mistake in config.php, now everything is ok. Thanks!  :wink:

alekseyn1:

--- Quote from: dorin on November 10, 2009, 06:42:13 PM ---I made a mistake in config.php, now everything is ok. Thanks!  :wink:

--- End quote ---

I have the same.. blank page... although I used 3.0.6...

where was your mistake?

this is my part of config.php... PLEASE HELP!

--- Code: ---define('PHPBB3_BRIDGE_ON', true);
define('PHPBB3_PATH', '/home/user/public_html/site/forum/');
define('PHPBB3_URL', 'http://site.com/forum');
--- End code ---

And also found your Modded files, and installed 3.0.5 with no success... blank screen.... :(

denisnovikov:

--- Quote from: alekseyn1 on November 30, 2009, 01:19:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: dorin on November 10, 2009, 06:42:13 PM ---I made a mistake in config.php, now everything is ok. Thanks!  :wink:

--- End quote ---

I have the same.. blank page... although I used 3.0.6...

where was your mistake?

this is my part of config.php... PLEASE HELP!

--- Code: ---define('PHPBB3_BRIDGE_ON', true);
define('PHPBB3_PATH', '/home/user/public_html/site/forum/');
define('PHPBB3_URL', 'http://site.com/forum');
--- End code ---

And also found your Modded files, and installed 3.0.5 with no success... blank screen.... :(

--- End quote ---

Just updated phpBB on bridge.boxup.us to version 3.0.6 everything seems working just fine.

Usual mistake in config file is emtpy lines or any other symbols after "?>" symbols at the end of file. Handy would be turning error reporting on and see what exactly produces error, blank screen means you got an error but you picked an option to not show any errors on output, or just check your php logs.

Update on problem
Bridge seems not to be working if phpBB configured to use mysql driver. Use mysqli instead (http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.overview.php).
phpBB_installation_path/config.php

--- Code: ---$dbms = 'mysqli';
--- End code ---
Thanks to alekseyn1 for finding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version