Author Topic: Problem Getting Gallery to Work Following Successful Installation  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Droogie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction to figuring out this problem.

I've successfully installed 4images on 2 servers before, but I'm having trouble with my current installation.

I'm trying to get version 1.4.3 installed on this server: www.rattleheadhq.com/gallery, but following a successful install, it's not displaying.

The server is running the following:
PHP version     4.4.5
MySQL version    4.0.27-standard-log

The php info file also states that safe mode is off, www.rattleheadhq.com/phpinfo.php

I checked the database, and all of the tables are there, and I'm confused as to what's not allowing it to work.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Re: Problem Getting Gallery to Work Following Successful Installation
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:31:34 PM »
Hey Droggie

Not sure this will help but it it does it may be the answer. I can't remember the version of 4images I was using, but it was prior to 1.7.4. It was 1.7.x. All was working fine than one day I could not access my gallery. My host had updated php. For a reason I can't remember. the version (1.7.x) of 4images I was using would not work with the php upgrade. I had to update 4images to 1.7.4 and when I did all worked fine.

Not sure if this is the same problem you are having. Maybe someone here with more experience can provide another solution. You may want to call your host or compare your version of php with the version you are using on other hosts. If the version of 4images you are using is working on another host with the same version of php, than you probably can eliminate this as being your problem.

Steve

Offline Droogie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Getting Gallery to Work Following Successful Installation
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 07:46:23 PM »
Thanks, I think it's most likely a server restriction, which would be very difficult to get around.

I've now upgraded to 1.7.4 by the way.

If anyone else has any suggestions as to what it could be, please let me know!